M T
msg tools
mbmb
I haven't played many board games. The few new copies with cards that I have played a lot are:

- Ticket to Ride
- Lords of Waterdeep

The TTR small cards seem fine and can last a long time. The Waterdeep cards are the best. They look like they can take a very good beating and stay the same. Out of the box, the cards from the enhanced version of Multiverse seem to be of a lower quality than the previous 2 games mentioned.

Does anyone else think so? Which boardgames out there has best card quality out of the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we're talking about Enhanced Edition, those cards are pretty solid. I have no complaints about them. I sleeved my set, because I love this game so. By all accounts, though, the Enhanced Edition cards hold up well. The company's demo set is unsleeved and unharmed after hundreds of plays.

The original game, though... those cards were pretty flimsy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thick and stiff =/= high quality. I find the Sentinels cards are somewhat hard to shuffle because of their stiffness, which means they have a cheap core. Also there are known issues with the printing and cutting of some copies of EE.

OTOH, you get a crapton of cards for not that much money compared to equivalent games and they're a tiny company. So I'm not complaining. I just find the card quality to be underwhelming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Winter
United States
Free Soil
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quality of look is good although text can be hard to read on some of the colored backgrounds.
my pre order set had cards stuck together on the black border face which peeled white. looks like shizzle I emailed the company 2 times got no response. I still like the game and used some black marker to cover up the damage so we could play. they feel stiff and un-coated. still I like the game it was only 40 bucks and for so much stuff. I bring it to the table any time I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd email them again, I've had great service every time I worked with them. (Latest was one of my Kismet cards had a rubbed-spot on the back when I got Shattered timelines, they replaced it!)

As for the card quality: They're good solid cards, I riffle shuffle and bridge them without any problems. My copy's been played over 50 times now and Everything is in good order. This includes some serious handling and transport. I frequently carry the game on it's side in my bag to and from work so I can bring it to game night after. That's bouncing on my hip for 2 miles each way, week after week. Several of my separators are a little worn at the tops from the constant back-and-forth abuse, but the cards themselves are still A-OK. This is all without a single sleeve mind you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmonaut Zero wrote:
Thick and stiff =/= high quality. I find the Sentinels cards are somewhat hard to shuffle because of their stiffness, which means they have a cheap core. Also there are known issues with the printing and cutting of some copies of EE.

OTOH, you get a crapton of cards for not that much money compared to equivalent games and they're a tiny company. So I'm not complaining. I just find the card quality to be underwhelming.

Everything here is absolutely correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.