Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Wintercon - July 13th and 14th rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Sleigh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Canberra Games Society Inc is running our mid year event on a normal school holiday weekend this year.
We will NOT be clashing with BorderCon this time.

The games Library will be run again.

A few questions to help with planning.

Would people be interested in games on the FRIDAY night from 6:00pm till our organisers fall asleep (Minimum of Midnight)? There may be an all night Magic game being run from Midnight, so all night games library MAY be possible as well. Cost would be $10.00 (Venue is about $1,500 for the evening.)

How many people do you think we should cater for?

Please comment here, or to cgsinc@tpg.com.au

PS: If you want a stall space, or want to run a game, send an email to the above address asap.

(Please do not send me emails to the BGG address.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc .
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Would most definitely be interested. We currently run a regular get together at our palace on Fridays (8-12) I would we could relocate there for the evening to try out some new stuffs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
Australia
Melbourne
Outside USA
flag msg tools
mb
Any wintercon news?

Its only 3 weeks away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand there will be a Wings of Glory demo on at least one day. Not sure if it will be WWI or WWII.

I also understand there won't be a De Bellis Antiquitatis competition this year.

Not sure if there will be a second hand stall. Any news, Tim?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Furness
Australia
Monash
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plenty of preparation occurring for Wintercon.

We'll be using Facebook and the Canberra Guild to get information out over the next two weeks in lead up to the event.

Facebook link is http://www.facebook.com/BoardGameLibraryCanberraGamesSociety
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.