Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Holmstrom
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well we finally sat down and played Crecy Saturday. Total game time was about 3 hours once play began. I played the French, while my opponent Tony played the English. All special rules but Chivalry aggression were used.

I first began by having Doria's crossbowmen slowly plod through the mud to my right flank, while Grimaldi's men moved up and slightly to the left. Tony continued to watch as I moved Alencon's battle up behind Grimaldi and brought John of Luxemborg's battle along the road to Wadicourt on the right.

As Doria's battle continued to move the right, Tony shot up some of Grimaldi's crossbowmen and a couple of Alencon's chevaliers. He continued to harass these battles (with little effect) while I moved John's knights to Wadicourt. I was also able to get King Phillip and his men on the board.

The battle began in earnest when I threw John's knights at the English far left near the wagon lager. Unfortunatley, they did little and the attack was a piecemeal affair. The battles of King Edward and Arundel made short work of them and John in a 6 activation tear by Tony!

As a feint, I brought Doria's men up the hill and took out a couple of archers while King Philip and Alencon established themselves for charges on the English left and center. Tony took the bait and left a hole in the middle as he beat up my crossbowmen.

I then began running Alencon and Grimaldi's battles up the english gap in the center and took out a couple more longbowmen. Tony gained activation, but a counterattack by one of my horses went on a tear through Arundel's battle; killing him.

Another counterattack on his right flank archers decimated a couple more archers, but by this time my flight points were around 40. The potholes had did their job by unhorsing 3 of Alencon's chevaliers.

I was able to activate King Philip's battle, and it destroyed what was left of Arundel's battle, but it advanced straight into Godfrey's and King Edward's dismounted men at arms. Tony activated both battles and easily brought down enough of King Phillip's knights to put the French to flight. English Flight points at game end: 30.

All-in-all and very good scenario that can be won by the French player. My error was to haphazardly throw John's knights piecemeal into the fray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.