Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Pranger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Season 2 rules out, I decided to test run the new teams and see how they played. I randomly paired them up and here is my thoughts.

Robots Vs. Humen Men (robots win by 1)
I like the robots, their strikers and guards and really good, you just have to spend a action to get them. I think I had one striker and two guards and didn't see a need to transform once I got players in their rolls. For league play I can see the benefit in investing in a coach and some coaching cards to help get those extra actions for transforming.

Judwin vs Human Women (z'zor win by 7)
Don't let the score fool you this was actually a close game. A Female Jack got stuck on the launching pitch and I had used up all their coaching dice so their rushes ended instantly near the end of the game.

The Females play very much like their male counter parts. I kept the the one guard in the back to protect the rear goal. Jacks with running interference was useful, but jack trying to slam a Z'zor is almost a wasted action. The real gift is the 4 coaching dice, I might have spent them all a little to soon, but they got a kill from it

Judwin feel like they can give the Vermin a run for their money. Long arms makes passing the ball stupid easy. Misdirect is useful and is kinda fun making the other team face the wrong direction. One of the Judwin did die on the pitch so I revived him with the new method and he ended up loosing Pacifism. "He died on the pitch, now he's back from the dead and a killer."

Bugs V Orxs (Bugs +1)
Bugs are had to kill! The most damage the Orxs could do was knocking out the bug strikers for 1 round each. Strikers had hell of a time making 3 point shots, 5+ skill is the worst. Probably should have tried scoring more with the Jacks. I didn't use Slide to much on the Jacks but I can see it being super useful. I kept the bug guard in the back, but man would he reek havoc on the front line. Would love to have two of them on a team.

Overall, all the teams seem very balanced and as of right now I don't have a clear favorite. Each one has strengths and each of them plays differently. I wouldn't have any issue if I was forced to play any of these teams.

Anyone else give the new teams a spin? Your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Douglas
msg tools
You called the judwan ”zzor” and the zzor ” bugs”.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Pranger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ddavidc wrote:
You called the judwan ”zzor” and the zzor ” bugs”.

Ha thats what I get for posting so early in the morning. Thanks and fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelican Pants
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've not got the S2 rules yet, is there anywhere online I can see all the stats for the new teams? Anyone done a quick reference sheet for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Pranger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
samick wrote:
I've not got the S2 rules yet, is there anywhere online I can see all the stats for the new teams? Anyone done a quick reference sheet for them?

No I don't think their info is floating around yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.