Popular Tags: [View All]
Jin TS
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, just got my City expansion and quite excited with it. However the new character Tinkerer had me scratching my head for a while. Is he over powered as he may choose first three objects from purchase deck as swords/axe. And he turn them into auto followers and still enjoy the ability of objects. Since they are now followers so there are no limits and its effects can stack...that's crazy starting with a 5 strength and 4 craft! Or did i miss out something...??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Weapon and Armour limits still apply, so he could only use one of the Weapons at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that it's somewhat confusing. But these Weapons are only half-Followers.They still preserve their Weapon/Armor properties.

I also don't think they can be targeted by Follower-related PVP abilities.
The same way you can't take a charmed Animal follower from the Minstrel.

They only function as Followers when in possession of their original master/creator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Rey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Someone in our group played as him and he was pretty ridiculous but I don't think he breaks the game. Just got really annoying that there was no way for us to get rid of his objects since they were followers so he would amass awesome things and then just hoard them as followers that were untargettable by us.

=.=
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely not a gamebreaker. Although he's awesome to play. Less so for any opposing players, especially if it's a heavy PvP crowd. Just make sure you're not allowing players to PICK the tinkerer outright. Always do a random draw of characters before the game and I think it's fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Dragon
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been in a game with the tinkerer but he didn't do too well. Will have to see how it goes with him in subsequent games. The bounty hunter is top dog of the city xpac imho. My group has drawn him once and he won that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin TS
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply...it's clearer now.

But yesterday i had a conversation with my gamer friends and another situation pop up which we were not sure what will be the outcome. Say an evil character got hold of magic object staff that allows change of alignment at will (cant remember the name) plus the player has the holy lance too and he can use the lance due to the effect from the staff. If he turn the holy lance into an automated follower, will the lose the lance once his staff is stolen or discarded? Then what happens when the lance goes into the discard pile, is it considered a follower or a weapon? That's because it may have huge impact to some other characters such as Valkyrie.

This character really makes me think about many possibilities.

Thanks.

Jin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As said, all properties of the Object are still retained when it turns into a Follower.
So, if the Tinkerer were to turn Evil while holding the Lance as an automated Follower, he would have to discard it. As soon as it leaves the Tinkerer's possession, it turns into an Object for all the other players.

The Valkyrie cannot resurrect the Tinkerer's Follower Objects and keep them for herself, since to her they're not considered Followers. It's the Tinkerer's special ability that turns Objects into Followers, and as soon as he discards/ditches his Follower Objects, they turn into regular Objects again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magmaxtic wrote:
Consider the Minstrel ditching his Bear Follower on a space. The Bear would turn into an Enemy for everyone who encounters it, and the Minstrel would have to enchant him again in order to gain him as a Follower.

[Fonzie voice] Incorrectamundo! [/Fonzie voice]

"For example, the Minstrel’s special ability allows
him to charm Animals into joining him as Followers. A character
that has these Followers in his play area treats them
as normal Followers in all regards, except he cannot choose
to ditch them."

and

"If a character is forced to ditch or leave a card that has become
a Follower (such as the Cell space in the Dungeon, getting
turned into a Toad, or because the character is killed), the
Follower must be discarded instead." (FAQ, p. 2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
:laugh:
Damn it, missed that one! Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.