Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Pratama
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
DIY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the tile said, i'm really confused, the rule only said that it was a type of action, few gods had this ability concerning adjucation, and the rulebook doens't mention the timing when i can use such act,

also can anyone explain how attacking and reacting played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
It's very simple, for example, Valkyrie has an ability called "Guide" in which whenever a warrior is put into the Netherworld, you may pay 1 energy, if you do, perform adjudication (that is, reveal the top card of your deck, and put it in your discard pile). If the card you drew is a disciple card, put the warrior card (the card that "died") in your discard pile.

Be careful when you pay adjudication, because that card will go straight into your discard pile, in other words, don't use adjudication if you know or suspect a good card is coming up (it will be wasted used as adjudication).

Attacking is also very simple, you play a warrior, or a chain of warriors, to attack an opponent. If that opponent has a card with react, say, Noble Star, he can play it to redirect the damage. Reacts can be played at any time the card allows you to play them. Remember that Reacts are not subject to color restraint.

It's all there in the little rulebook, read it carefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pratama
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
DIY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Well the example and detailed phase of attacking and defending wasn't really mentioned in the rulebook, or probably i really just missed that section.

but what i want to know is :
- Is it really that any player can attack any player he wants during individual match?

- When the player is reacting(using defense) does he discard the card he used to react? and does he refill his hand after that?

This condition kind of create a problem whenever a player is being gangbanged by every other players since he can't do anything.as just watching his hand plucked one by one, and he doesn't have anything in his hand when he started his next turn.

(to counter this condition temporarily, during the last game, i kinda house ruled that we can only attack our neighbour).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You are correct, the booklet doesn't have many detailed examples, only rules; maybe that would have helped clear up some things.

- Any player can attack any other player he wants during his turn. It's a real dogfight, better purchase those Noble Star cards or players will gang up on you.

- Yes, the player dicards his card, and no, he does not refill his hand; he can only do so during the End Phase of his turn.

If you play it by the rules, individual match becomes a game of diplomacy and deceit, "I won't attack you if you help me against him / her", that sort of thing. Backstabbing is pretty common, and you have to use your cards wisely; if you defend against an attack, you may not have enough cards to protect yourself against the other players.

Two players ganged up on me once, and I barely survived by buying and destroying healing cards such as Taurus, so that the other players would not be able to recover from my continual small attacks, and the cards I purchased I used to heal the damage they were causing me. I won the match that time just by playing defensively (I was using Loki, of course, got nice passive damage because of his ability).

If you don't like that sort of game play, it's a lot better when the game is played as a team match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pratama
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
DIY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice , Thanks for the clarification.
so probably next time i will try it again without any houserules, the clarification about a player can attack anyone he wants is what i want to hear. since i don't find it in the rulebook.

And yeah i'll definitely try team match whenever we had an even number of players.

Thanks again for the fast reply and everything.

i'm rating this game 8/10 despite all of its componential flaw (the rulebooklet and the storage) it is too bad it won't fit sleeved cards .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Vazquez
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Question on Adjudication. If you play say green or white card that lets you get a card back into your hand or draw. Can you play those to continue your chain? or does it end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Crymic wrote:
Question on Adjudication. If you play say green or white card that lets you get a card back into your hand or draw. Can you play those to continue your chain? or does it end?

You can play it, if the color allows it, you can chain. Some of the best combos are created that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.