Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Ticket to Ride» Forums » General

Subject: Has anyone else tried combining TTR games into one box successfully? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drinky Drinky
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Cat. Hold on I think I know my next move, just give me another minute....NO!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

I have attempted combining TTR boxes in my collection, but having some logistical issues of the boards not being snug sliding around especially with multiple train baggies, decks, tickets, and train stations/depots.

They didn't really sit the way that I wanted them to, and I ended up putting them back in their individual boxes.

Has anyone else had any luck combining boxes and keeping contents relatively "secure"?

Who knows maybe DoW will make the TTR equivalent of the Memoir 44 bag?

Thank you in advance,
"krech"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Klein
United States
Minnetonka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original game, 1910 cards, and Switzerland in the original game box. The first, standalone version of Switzerland had a cardboard insert that held its board in place. I used the insert as a template to make another one out of tagboard. I stacked the two game boards (each held in place by a cardboard insert) in the bottom of the box.

The boards fit nicely. But I haven't solved the problem with everything else sliding around. I stacked the components (1910 in the cardboard box, Switzerland and original cards in tuckboxes, and trains in baggies) on top the board and they do slide. I put a piece of tagboard cut to the dimensions of the box bottom on top of the game boards to prevent wear from things sliding around.

The tuckboxes I used were these great ones.
United States
Switzerland
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've come up with a solution I'm very happy with:

This is Original and Europe in one box (with USA 1910, Europa 1912, and Halloween Freighter train set).

Instructions are on the bottom, boards on top of those, and then everything else just lays on top of the boards as you can see in the image. The cards, stations, and 1912 parts are all just bagged. The trains with score markers are in 55 count hinged card cases. I've only included one set of train cards since that's all I need (and I'm out of space).

With the amount of stuff and the stability added by the plastic train cases, stuff doesn't slide around much at all. It is stable enough to be stored on the shelf standing vertical.

Here is what the train cases look like up close:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Duncan
United Kingdom
East Kilbride
South Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
www.gameburst.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a cracking idea Henry, i think i will give that a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Clason
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have almost everything in 2 boxes:
-In TtR:USA box: TtR:USA along with 1910 and extra train colors).
-In TtR:Europe box: Boards, tickets, rules, and a few misc components, for all expansions/variants (except Marklin and Dice). With the latest addition, Africa, the lid doesn't go completely down.
When I go to Game Days/Nights, the host almost always has TtR:USA, so I bring the expansions box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Coffin
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland and Labrador
flag msg tools
I like trains.
badge
Nikola Tesla, Rockstar Scientist
mbmbmbmbmb
KlydeFrog wrote:
The cards, stations, and 1912 parts are all just bagged. The trains with score markers are in 55 count hinged card cases.

There's a certain irony in having the cards bagged, while the pieces are in card cases. laugh
Nice storage solution, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is an oldie, but a goodie.

I'm also thinking about combining everything as much as possible.

Unfortunately, there are, I believe, 10 boards total (some double-sided):

Ticket to Ride USA
Ticket to Ride: Europe
Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries
Ticket to Ride: Märklin
Ticket to Ride: Germany
Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 1 – Team Asia & Legendary Asia
Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 2 – India & Switzerland
Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 3 – The Heart of Africa
Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 4 – Nederland
Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 5 – United Kingdom & Pennsylvania

The main box, if you remove the plastic insert, will hold 5 boards.

If you can somehow separate the map from the board and glue it to the backside of one of the boards that is blank, then you can reduce down the 10 boards to 6 boards (5 double-sided)

You can also dump out all the extra trains, so you're down to 7 sets of 45 trains (blue, white, red, yellow, black, purple, green).

And you can keep the UK train deck with its 6 extra locomotives and dump out all the other extra train sets.

Not sure how close you could get to putting everything into a single box though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.