Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Piehler
United States
Kansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be challenging considering these games have little in common, but they're the 2 I'm looking into at the moment. We like financial and fantasy themes, so they're both appealing.

As far as the AT/Euro thing goes, my group enjoys both if done well. I think Mage Wars has an advantage as I play with 2 players frequently. Dare I ask which is the "better" game? Is Mage Wars a money drain?

Thanks BGG, you are beautiful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be tough for Mage Wars to be a money drain when there is a core set...two spell add ons (which are extra cards from the base set) and one expansion...

Guys at my FLGS report that once you play mage wars you are hooked...especially if you liked M:TG...I've seen guys come in a buy one of everything after playing at a friends place.

However, the FLGS owner has reported that Ground Floor has seen a lot of in store play, thus those that like that style of game have been enjoying it.

I would suggest...usually play with two give Mage Wars a try...if you usually play with more give Ground Floor a try...both seem to be great games.

Good Luck!
meeplemeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A.H. van de Laak
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know ground floor, but I bought Mage Wars last Saturday and since then I am thinking about it constantly. (thinking how to improve my strategy/spellbook and stuff) I highly recommend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.