8 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Another question about painting the models - optimal mix? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarrett Lee
msg tools
Hey everyone,

I'm taking the first steps towards painting up my Zombicide set. Now, I have the abomination kickstarter so I have what feels like a mountain of zombies. I was surprised how many of those fatties (is that what they are called) I have!

So as I was cleaning the fatties it occurred to me to ask you guys who have played a lot of games of Zombicide (I have not played yet) - is there an optimal amount of fatties I could paint beyond which I would likely start to have too many and therefore be wasting my time anyway?

For example, it seems like a waste to paint 10 fatties if it's super rare to ever see more than 5-6 on the board at once.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, after you paint them all you still need more...
Sorry, i know that's not the answer you were looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Lee
msg tools
bigblock75 wrote:
In my opinion, after you paint them all you still need more...
Sorry, i know that's not the answer you were looking for.

Oh that's ok, tbh I just want whatever the realistic answer is. If it's true I'd need them all, so be it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have run out of all zombie types in one game or another...
I run out of the walkers the most and the runners the least.
I have an abomination set and play with the walk of dead cards mixed in.

Search "custom abomination" to see my set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base game and have had all 8 fatties out a few times (all on the same zone once!). I have also played with the Abomination set and am pretty sure we've had them all out as well. So basically paint them all, you have them so why not! As a painter I can tell you that it will bug the hell out of you having some of them finished and the rest not!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have base game and walk of the dead 1, but i don't add the cards (because i like face more runners and fatties).

I ofte run out of walkers, and sometimes out of fatties (mostly when they spawn in big buildings, their splitting may be awfull). I rarely run out of runners, as they come close to me faster than others (and are a first priority).

So same thoughts than others: gotcha paint' them all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Lee
msg tools
Awesome, great advice guys that's exactly what I needed to know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Menard
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
It's easy to run out of any of the types based on the mission and how the cards fall.

The GG missions are for the most part based on the standard mix:
40 Walkers
16 Runners
8 Fatties
1 Abomination

Adding more to the mix (or using the extras from the abomination pack) means less extra activations, which means an easier game (which may be what some prefer).

So you could stop after the standard mix, or paint the extras slightly different, so you can tell them apart from the base mix. Either that, or you'd have to count them out if you wanted to remove the extras later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.