Subject: Momentum Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the summary table at the back of rulebook, it says that "The Player for the Busho who was activated immediately preceding Orders Phase may attempt a Momentum die roll to give that Busho another Orders Phase (C ) or Samurai Phase (D). If not go to F.

From the rules of Momentum (5.41), it says, "At the conclusion of an Orders Phase, if the Busho who had issued Orders for that Phase is not Finished, and was not previously Trumped, the player may attempt to undertake an additional Orders Phase with that same Busho."

Questions:
(A) May the player only try for Momentum if the Busho previously used Samurai Phase (not Orders Phase)?
(B) May the Momentum Busho take Samurai Phase, or only Orders Phase? The summary table and rules are inconsistent.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beyak
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
Combat Commander gets your blood flowing.
mbmbmbmbmb
grognard wrote:
From the summary table at the back of rulebook, it says that "The Player for the Busho who was activated immediately preceding Orders Phase may attempt a Momentum die roll to give that Busho another Orders Phase (C ) or Samurai Phase (D). If not go to F.

From the rules of Momentum (5.41), it says, "At the conclusion of an Orders Phase, if the Busho who had issued Orders for that Phase is not Finished, and was not previously Trumped, the player may attempt to undertake an additional Orders Phase with that same Busho."

Questions:
(A) May the player only try for Momentum if the Busho previously used Samurai Phase (not Orders Phase)?
(B) May the Momentum Busho take Samurai Phase, or only Orders Phase? The summary table and rules are inconsistent.

Thanks.

I can see why you are confused. This is typical for Berg rule sets.
I believe the answers to both your questions are No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply, but I am not sure what you meant. Which of the following are true?

(A1)Player may try for Momentum only if the Busho previously used Orders Phase.
(A2)Player may try for Momentum if the Busho previously used either Samurai Phase or Orders Phase.

(B1)On successful Momentum, player may use only Orders Phase
(B2)On successful Momentum, player may use either Orders Phase or Samurai Phase.

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beyak
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
Combat Commander gets your blood flowing.
mbmbmbmbmb
grognard wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply, but I am not sure what you meant. Which of the following are true?

(A1)Player may try for Momentum only if the Busho previously used Orders Phase.
(A2)Player may try for Momentum if the Busho previously used either Samurai Phase or Orders Phase.

(B1)On successful Momentum, player may use only Orders Phase
(B2)On successful Momentum, player may use either Orders Phase or Samurai Phase.

Many thanks.

The way I read it. A2 and B2 are true as long as the Busho is not finished.
A1 and B1 are not true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.