Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been asked, I did a search and couldn't find anything.
When following do you have to have the basic card (ie-research, colonize, produce/trade, warfare or survey) or can you follow with say, an improved research with the appropriate symbol?
Also I presume symbols on planets and tech only activate if you are able to follow with a card from you hand first?
Thanks for the answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Spartz
United States
Golden valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
You can follow a role with any symbol that applies and you control. It does not matter where the symbol comes from.

Edit: clarity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For example, if you have two warfare symbols on your planets you may follow with only those and zero cards from your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I was wondering about the no cards and using just symbols. Can you point me to where that is in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jarrod,
Page 7 of the rulebook on the top right side:

Quote:
Follow: Play cards from their hand bearing symbols matching the chosen role and execute the role effect (not the Leader bonus). Symbols on face up planets in their Empire may also be used to Follow the role. Note that you can Follow a role without playing any cards from your hand, using only symbols in your Empire.

-Rob K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Austria
Graz
Steiermark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can I use symbols of cards which colonize a planet?

for example i colonize a planet with the improved colonize card, can i use the second symbol of that card "trade" in the time the card is colonizing the planet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adjacentbeastman wrote:
can I use symbols of cards which colonize a planet?

for example i colonize a planet with the improved colonize card, can i use the second symbol of that card "trade" in the time the card is colonizing the planet?

No you cannot. You boost and follow with cards from your hand and symbols on permanent techs and planets in play. For all intents and purposes, the Trade icon on the Improved Colonize card is out of the game until that card is shuffled back into your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.