Subject: Mass storage solution idea for Small World franchise rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitris the Grey
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello fellow gamers! First post!

This year I was introduced to Small World and became a fan instantly. I currently own the base game but Ι'm also planning to expand it with whatever has come out so far (expansions+underground). So I would like to design and create (and of course share) a storage solution for everything there is about it, since I have access to a friend's workshop (and his experience ). I am thinking of an insert that can be used instead of the original. Something similar to this amazing solution for the base game: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1330260/small-world

I am posting here an initial thought just to show what I have in mind. The idea is for it to hold all the race tokens/banners/special powers/various tokens etc,that have come out so far plus the ones from the Kickstarter campaign. There are a couple of spare slots too, for now at least. Also keep in mind that the measurements are not entirely accurate, but also not very far from truth. Once I get my hands on the materials I will be able to make more accurate measurements.

So what do you think? Any comments on it or even ideas would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My suggestion would be to think about how easy it will be to take out the tokens out. The biggest problem with the original insert with square token spaces is that it is really hard to lift the token, which is lying flat on the bottom of the space. DoW tried to fix it with releasing another insert (which, I presume, you have) with a sloped bottom, but people are also complaining about that, because not everything fits in the designated spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris the Grey
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
You have a good point. The intention for the race tokens is for them to stand and not to be lied down as shown above. I just wanted to show that it fits. To be honest I haven't planned so far ahead. I will certainly keep that in mind.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/62476/small-world-token-tr...
This helps with the lifting but I will try to avoid it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, they lay down without you even noticing Another solution, I've herd is a Nerf dart. But you could avoid it by careful planning. Good luck in you efforts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, what material will you use to make the insert?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris the Grey
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm thinking wood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.