Hide
10 Posts

Ticket to Ride» Forums » Variants

Subject: Ticket to Ride Pennsylvania (Fanmade map for Ticket to Ride) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T2R Munchen99
msg tools
I have a custom map I made of Pennsylvania in the style of Switzerland and I am trying to figure out how to print it. Its 3000x1500.

Also if anyone wants to give some advice on the board and gameplay feel free to post. Destination tickets coming soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Desmond
United States
Newark
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Map Advice. Ticket to Ride Pennsylvania.
Salutations !

The big-box office supply stores, or the smaller 'copy centers' (now largely part of, and named for, the package-shipping companies), often have oversized printers - check and see if they can print from an electronic file, what their requirements and costs are.

Your map looks great, and, speaking as a dweller thereon, am excitedly hoping to play it soon.

Yours, John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T2R Munchen99
msg tools
John,

Thanks for your feedback! I'll try to get the destination tickets done as soon as possible so you can playtest it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a really cool map. I really like Ticket to Ride, and being a native of PA, like it even better.

Large format printing is pretty expensive at Staples/Office Max/Office Depot. I paid about $32 for a 22" x 34" map last year. I have been using the free program "Posterazor" to take a large map and breaking it down into smaller pieces and having a print shop print the smaller pieces much cheaper. Took a 22" x 34" map, and used posterazor to break it down to four 11" x 17" sheets, which cost me $1.25 per sheet, and a total of $5. You do have to do some cutting and pasting to piece the four sections together, but looks pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T2R Munchen99
msg tools
kwsrv,

Thanks for the feedback and advice.

When I use PosteRazor, it seems to squish the train squares down and I'm afraid that the trains won't fit on the squares. Can you help me? Also, since I'm new here. I can't seem to find a place to upload the .zip file that contains the destination tickets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T2R. You will probably have to set the paper size to 11 x 17, make sure the overlap is about .1", and if I remember correctly, you need to specify portrait/landscape and how many pages you want it on. I'm thinking that it is squeezing the spaces down due to the paper size selected and/or number of pages selected.

If that doesn't work GM me and I will fire up Posterazor on my computer and get a better look to see what may be the issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T2R Munchen99
msg tools
I've finished the tickets tonight. All I need to do is sometime this week get it printed out and make sure the trains fit the squares. Thanks for the interest, guys!

-T2RMunchen99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Desmond
United States
Newark
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again,

If you live near a college campus - especially one with an engineering or art school - or your town has an 'engineers and architects district', you can find shops that'll do large-format printing for a reasonable price.

If not, maybe you can set your printer to do 'proof copies' in B&W, until you're sure you've got the size right.

Good luck. waiting to give your map a try.

Yours, John Desmond

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T2R Munchen99
msg tools
I found a solution. The trains seem to fit when printed on 10 A4 sheets of paper, scaled to 75% in paint. I just need to find out how much that costs.

-T2RMunchen99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T2R Munchen99
msg tools
The files have just been approved you can find them here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/90052/ticket-to-ride-penns...

-T2RMunchen99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.