Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Butler
United States
White Sands Missile Range
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently trying to trade for a copy of Sentinels of the Multiverse, and have actually found a fair number of people willing to trade me... For the First Edition. A couple of them are even willing to throw in Rook City, but with all the improvements of the Enhanced Edition, I'm kind of hesitant to accept such a trade. Judging from the PDFs on Greater Than Games' website, nearly half the cards were overhauled in the Enhance Edition, and that seems like a lot of errata to reference whenever I want to play, especially since I'm hoping to be able to play the game with my family, most of which are very casual players that probably wouldn't enjoy referencing a sheet every time they want to play a card.

So, this brings me to my question: Should I go ahead and accept the trade that has been offered- the First Edition plus Rook City- or should I hold out in hopes of getting the Enhanced Edition even if that forgoes Rook City?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The changes are so numerous because they standardized how they wrote the stuff and include the H mechanic. So the changes are less than they first appear in actuality.

If you have the original edition already, getting enhanced probably isn't smart. But if you don't have either, might as well get Enhanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People are trading you, I suspect, because they want to upgrade. The EE reduced the trade value of the 1st edition significantly, and personally I think the EE is the better bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do not have the game yet then the Enhanced Edition is the ONLY way to go. It's a larger box that will hold all of the expansion content, not to mention that it comes with life tracking and status effect tracking tokens. Finally, as Brian mentioned, even though it's not a lot of changes based on the H variable, it's worth having the new edition to not reference a faq or the updated images of the affected cards.

Edit: even thought hey want to sweeten it with an expansion it's simply not worth the difference IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have the first edition, and although I want the Enhanced Edition, I don't feel like i need it. I certainly don't find myself consulting the FAQ very often. The overhauls were not significant.

The T-Rex attacks a target OTHER THAN ITSELF, whereas the out-of-control monorail can damage itself. These are just kind of common sense things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It all boils down to money. Do you have to pay 10$ more to get EE? Go ahead.

Do you have to pay 25$ more? Do not bother
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Butler
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm trying to trade for it, not purchase it outright. But the majority of people trading are getting rid of 1stE, and the few I've spoken to that have EE aren't willing to accept anything I have to offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarioFanaticXV wrote:
Well, I'm trying to trade for it, not purchase it outright. But the majority of people trading are getting rid of 1stE, and the few I've spoken to that have EE aren't willing to accept anything I have to offer.

Owning EE and having seen 1st ed id say hold out.
In your position EE is the much better bet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MarioFanaticXV wrote:

That should tell you something of the relative value then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Butler
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
MarioFanaticXV wrote:

That should tell you something of the relative value then

I suppose that settles it then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Butler
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I went ahead and caved in. I'm getting just about everything... Already have the oversized villain cards, printed out the hero promos, and I placed an order on CoolStuffInc.

I bought these:
Sentinels of the Multiverse: Enhanced Edition
Sentinels of the Multiverse: Shattered Timelines Expansion
Sentinels of the Multiverse: Unity Mini-Expansion
Sentinels of the Multiverse: The Scholar Mini-Expansion
Sentinels of the Multiverse: Ambuscade Mini-Expansion
Sentinels of the Multiverse: Miss Information Mini-Expansion
Sentinels of the Multiverse: Silver Gulch Mini-Expansion
Sentinels of the Multiverse: The Final Wasteland Mini-Expansion

And my uncle gave me money to purchase these, which he'll set aside for my birthday when they arrive:
Sentinels of the Multiverse: Rook City Expansion
Sentinels of the Multiverse: Infernal Relics Expansion
Risk: StarCraft

It should be here on Wednesday. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to wait and go for the Enhanced Edition instead of caving in and trade for the original version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarioFanaticXV wrote:
Well, I went ahead and caved in. I'm getting just about everything... Already have the oversized villain cards, printed out the hero promos, and I placed an order on CoolStuffInc.

I bought these:

And my uncle gave me money to purchase these, which he'll set aside for my birthday when they arrive:

It should be here on Wednesday. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to wait and go for the Enhanced Edition instead of caving in and trade for the original version.

Go big or go home. I like it.

jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarioFanaticXV wrote:

I bought these:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
You should buy 1st edition because this game is becoming more and more insanely popular and in 10 years the 1st edition will be a collectible worth thousands

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talamare wrote:
You should buy 1st edition because this game is becoming more and more insanely popular and in 10 years the 1st edition will be a collectible worth thousands

You think so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.