Mark Green
United Kingdom
Reading
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you shoot a missile at a missile?

Can you "remotely" use, or assist an ally in using, a hacked battlestation on an enemy ship from a battlestation on a friendly ship?

When you make an attack on somebody because they moved through your square, are you restricted to making a basic attack or can you use any special abilities you have that relate to making an attack?

In the Bot Wars campaign is it really correct that the Bots have skills of 3 professional and 1 all others until missions give them upgrades, regardless of the MD? In our last session the players were able to trivially overcome an orbital facility simply by travelling at speed 11 which no bot Combat roll could ever hit. It was especially silly when the Piloting 3 bot attempting to fly the Size 9 Central Intelligence dreadnaught failed attempts to do basic turns and accelerate several rounds in a row ending with a spectacular fender-bender which broke chunks off the hull! The players since noticed that this can apply to any scenario - they focused on making their ship bigger because that way, most enemy ships are bigger too, but enemy Piloting skill rises more slowly so the enemies end up in huge ships they cannot fly for toffee. Is there a fix for this?

By the way, I tried e-mailing this to the Questions e-mail address on the website and it bounced with a "mailbox full" error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's best to post questions to the yahoo group - Jason and Jeff frequently answer questions on their game there (as well as others).
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/battlestations

For my part-

Yes
No - ships do not connect
Probably only basic (not sure)
Not sure on Bot Wars - I've not read it for a while. You should probably go with the standard NPC skill charts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I do know that some of the supplements are better suited to new characters than others.
Deep Ones from Deep Space for example isn't for beginning characters.
Also - How Much for your Planet requires you have some other expansions if you want to use it properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.