Subject: Maria De La Rosa, Secret Routes question? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Roach
England
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
On Maria De La Rosa's Hero Card one of her abilites is called Secret Routes and says...

"May use an Secret Passage printed on the Board for free,during her move rather than in place of her move"

So it says PASSAGE and BOARD, but it also says ANY suggesting more than one passage, however there's only one Secret Passage on the Board, the other is on the other board! I'm guessing it means every passage on every board?

The biggest question I have and one which we've had quite a heated discussion about today, is whether the FOR FREE refers that it is a free move or just that you don't pay investigation, or both.
I say it means that it just means you don't pay investigation and to move from A to B costs one movement point, my nephew says the actual move is also for free, i.e. you start at the Abandoned Keep and roll a 6, but you don't start you that roll until you have gone through the passage to Smugglers Grove, therefore getting the full 6 move on The Coast board. I sat it costs one to travel through therefore getting 5 movement on The Coast board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert AMG
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pasiro wrote:
...it is just that you don't pay investigation ...

yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feffe Aldritch
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
We play it free move and free of charge. Both ways
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Her character is so underpowered I have considered allowing her to move using secret passages without stopping in either space on either side of a secret passage when moving, and not having to pay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Feffe wrote:
We play it free move and free of charge. Both ways

We played it this way too, rationale being that using the secret passage doesn't normally take "1" movement space, it replaces your entire move. So who's to say if it should add 1 or 2 or 3 spaces when you use it? That was our reasoning for taking the "free move" liberally to mean no added spaces.

(To comment on the other point, I don't remember if we felt she was underpowered or not.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.