Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Smith
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I could pledge $100 for the base game + any promo figs. Having to go so high $$$ wise for the promo figs has deterred myself and my friends who have show interest in the game. The expansions I'm sure are great but I can get those later when I know the game will really get played. The promo figs are a now or never situation it seems and not priced in to the package we want at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

You do get any promo figure that gets unlocked at the $100 level. Right now the $100 level comes with 4 promo figures and two more announced stretch goals have yet to be unlocked (one at $300,000 and one at 5,000 Facebook likes). The only promo figures not included at the $100 level are the Goultard Promo and the Nox Promo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

You do get any promo figure that gets unlocked at the $100 level. Right now the $100 level comes with 4 promo figures and two more announced stretch goals have yet to be unlocked (one at $300,000 and one at 5,000 Facebook likes). The only promo figures not included at the $100 level are the Goultard Promo and the Nox Promo.

I also think they're doing it this way, at least partially, out of respect the existing fans. This keeps certain promos very rare, so as a European player who pulled some exceedingly rare mini, or won one, you don't feel slighted, nor does your investment lose value.

Right now, people still trade their Nox, etc... for $100 or so... If everyone could buy one for $10 extra on KS, it would result in many, many, an angry, original fan.

Besides... at a casual, non-tournament level (which the game is unlikely to ever reach, popularity wise, in the US), you can always just proxy, and enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently at the $300 level, you end up with 26 figures. At the $100 level, you end up with 14.

Since adding the tokens, coins, and terrain to a $100 pledge will increase that price another $160, the $300 level is actually a really good deal.

For the $40 extra it will cost you to pledge at the $300 level, you get another 12 figures. Plus it'll be easy to get people interested in the game when you bring a super-pimped copy to game night/your LGS with all the cool terrain, tokens, and extra figures.

However, if you're not interested in the extra pimping up, you can always unload those to the secondary market and recoup some of the money spent. But, pimping a game will always garner more interest, and thus more opponents to play against.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah not being able to get the Goultard Promo and the Nox Promo because of some idiot desire to rarity/power gaming is lame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KillMeForPrizes wrote:
Yeah not being able to get the Goultard Promo and the Nox Promo because of some idiot desire to rarity/power gaming is lame.

Wow... hostile much?

I'm sorry... I don't remember learning that everyone was entitled to everything in life. What is the harm in having a few fancy, exclusive elements to a game? Its a toy... an amusement. It isn't bread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of those projects that I don't think needs to be kick started.
1. It's already coming out.
2. Iteems like a lot for the extras and the immediacy. Not a wrong/bad thing to do and would make sense to me if If this were an expansion.

That said,I can't drop $500 on game no matter how pretty.
I'm assuming everything (exception of the promo figures): resin trees, tokens, metal coins will be released. I'm guessing by waiting I'll save about 200-300 dollars. When I purchase the game after it's initial release. This is of course assuming the game is actually good and not just a pretty face. I know it's been released in Europe, but I've seen only 1 review of the game online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
This is one of those projects that I don't think needs to be kick started.
1. It's already coming out.
2. Iteems like a lot for the extras and the immediacy. Not a wrong/bad thing to do and would make sense to me if If this were an expansion.

That said,I can't drop $500 on game no matter how pretty.
I'm assuming everything (exception of the promo figures): resin trees, tokens, metal coins will be released. I'm guessing by waiting I'll save about 200-300 dollars. When I purchase the game after it's initial release. This is of course assuming the game is actually good and not just a pretty face. I know it's been released in Europe, but I've seen only 1 review of the game online.

The tokens, and terrain are only won in tournaments, and even then, you only get a single token or piece of terrain each time you win a tournament. So, you'd have to attend (and win) a lot of tournaments in order to win a full set of everything, which would still cost less to buy through the KS vs. convention fees, and tournament entry fees.

Some of these things will be available at cons and such; the promo figures for instance.

As far as I'm concerned, it will cost me less to just get the promo figures, tokens, coins, and terrain during the KS. For me to attend GenCon, I'd have to spend several thousand dollars.
I think that to get convention/tournament exclusives, it's much easier through Kickstarter than trying to fly all over the continent. robot

However, if you don't see value in the Kickstarter, no one's forcing you to back it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Kryzsko
United States
Ravensdale
Washington
flag msg tools
So what you are really saying is that you want to get the two rarest promo figures for cheap. It is not that people who say this want "promo figures" they want Goultard and Nox. So the whole thing keeping you from backing this KS is that you don't get two figures in a game with 42 and more on the way.

If it is a game you would enjoy it is your loss. If you buy it later you will not get any of the promo figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's mostly that those 2 characters, especially Nox, look really cool. Not being able to get them without shelling out a ton of money for extra stuff I don't want is a shame.

Maybe I will luck out and get one after market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nox currently goes for close to $100 on Ebay......and Goultard for around $50.
So, if you wish acquire those two after market, you might as well just spend the money on the KS and get the tokens and terrain too, which will probably go for at least $100 as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffry Welfare
Australia
Guildford
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KillMeForPrizes wrote:
It's mostly that those 2 characters, especially Nox, look really cool. Not being able to get them without shelling out a ton of money for extra stuff I don't want is a shame.

Maybe I will luck out and get one after market.

Yeah, I'm sure it will be a flooded market after the kickstarter, after all there will be hundreds of people looking to sell their extra figures.

Oh wait, that's right, the people pledged at that level are the people who aren't going to break up a collection.

Yeah good luck on that idea of getting the figures afterwards at a price that isn't more than it would've cost anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KillMeForPrizes wrote:
If I could pledge $100 for the base game + any promo figs. Having to go so high $$$ wise for the promo figs has deterred myself and my friends who have show interest in the game. The expansions I'm sure are great but I can get those later when I know the game will really get played. The promo figs are a now or never situation it seems and not priced in to the package we want at this time.

I find it just as problematic that future expansions/campaigns are likely to contain even more limited/exclusive characters, given the limitations of the licence.
So shelling out $500 on the campaign now, is only giving you "everything" for a short time - they are already talking about the next expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an easier way to think about it (apologies if I've fouled this up somehow -- I'm going from memory):

$100.00 + $50.00 + $75.00 = $225.00

Base games, extra trees, and two promos

$150 + $50.00 + $75.00 = $275.00

Base games, extra trees, two promos, three expansions, resin terrain and tokens (this is now, functionally, the same as the $200.00 base level, as that level incorporates the resin terrain at a $50.00 increase in cost)

$300.00

Base game, extra trees, four promos, three expansions, resin terrain and tokens (this is, IMO, the best deal -- you end up, essentially, paying $25.00 for two hard-to-get promos, and get all the extra stuff as part of your "base" pledge -- it's interesting that I thought this was "too expensive" until they released the piecemeal pricing; now it doesn't seem too bad)

And, for whatever it's worth, keep in mind that a nice bonus at the $500.00 level is you receive all unattained stretch goals. Moreso than the XL figures, that's an interesting proposition -- though whether it's worth $200.00 is something I cannot answer.

$500.00 also includes five additional expansion packs -- 20 extra miniatures and five extra minimaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the only game out of 14 I've backed where no one is ever happy and everyone expects just to be handed the rare promos. Hell, if you pledged a $1 maybe you should get Nox and Goultard too.

The rewards scale based on the pledge, it's like that with damn near every kickstarter.

Ankama set a limit to what levels could receive Nox and , as they were rare releases in France. They want them limited, not a hard concept to grasp. There are plenty of games I'd love the promos for but are limited and I can't get my hands on them. The nature of "limited/rare" items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Wootton
United Kingdom
Clevedon
North Somerset
flag msg tools
ohbalto wrote:

Base game, extra trees, four promos,

$500.00 also includes five additional expansion packs -- 20 extra miniatures and five extra minimaps.

I think it's more than 4 promos now with some stretch unlocks.

Also, there SHOULD be one mini map per figure as opposed to one per expansion, remember that in France it's individual blind boxes and each one comes with the characters own mini map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
Crichton wrote:
Also, there SHOULD be one mini map per figure as opposed to one per expansion

4 fig packs have 4 minimaps.
However, note that all promo figs, including the 2 in the starter box, don't have minimaps. (32 maps out of 42 figs : 32+2+6+1+1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:

And, for whatever it's worth, keep in mind that a nice bonus at the $500.00 level is you receive all unattained stretch goals.

Where are you seeing this? I see nothing to indicate that you get unattained stretch goals. The wording may not be ideal, since it says all stretch goals, but for a kick starter I would assume that only refers to unlocked goals. It has the same wording for all pledge levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was posted in the comments I believe.
All the stretch goal reward bonus figures are automatically included in the $500 pledge level, even if they aren't attained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:
It was posted in the comments I believe.
All the stretch goal reward bonus figures are automatically included in the $500 pledge level, even if they aren't attained.

JAG has confirmed this many times in comments. So anything listed it added to your package (With the exception of the Case, kama coins and plush that are monetary add ons)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wrong in my post above....it's right on the KS front page....

wrote:
...all 32 figures being released this year in expansion packs! This pledge level is also eligible for all stretch goals...in fact, all stretch goals announced (whether we hit them or not) will be automatically added onto the $500 pledge level as soon as they are announced!.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vonderbread wrote:
ohbalto wrote:

And, for whatever it's worth, keep in mind that a nice bonus at the $500.00 level is you receive all unattained stretch goals.

Where are you seeing this? I see nothing to indicate that you get unattained stretch goals. The wording may not be ideal, since it says all stretch goals, but for a kick starter I would assume that only refers to unlocked goals. It has the same wording for all pledge levels.

Well...
Try reading the front page of the project!

It is right there in the description just underneath the picture of the $500 pledge:
"all 32 figures being released this year in expansion packs! This pledge level is also eligible for all stretch goals...in fact, all stretch goals announced (whether we hit them or not) will be automatically added onto the $500 pledge level as soon as they are announced!".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
Vonderbread wrote:
ohbalto wrote:

Well...
Try reading the front page of the project!

It is right there in the description just underneath the picture of the $500 pledge:
"all 32 figures being released this year in expansion packs! This pledge level is also eligible for all stretch goals...in fact, all stretch goals announced (whether we hit them or not) will be automatically added onto the $500 pledge level as soon as they are announced!".

I swear I've read over all that stuff many times and never noticed that. Seems like something that should be listed in the 500 pledge list. But still, awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.