Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished a four-player game of Earth Reborn using the full SAGS rules, minus Torture. We had a new player, Rob, join us so as we set things up we explained the rules to him. He is a gamer so he was able to pick things up quickly. It's a lot to take in though. We set up the map semi-orderly and ended up with a sprawling complex and almost no outside tiles. We each took two characters. The teams were Blane: Bolter and Deeler; Andrew: Hollister and Vasquez; Marty: Jack Saw and the Mammoth; Rob: Frank Einstein and Woo. Oh, and we added a houserule that if anyone killed an enemy they scored VP's equal to the killed character's initial cost.

I was somewhat discouraged at the beginning because I got three missions requiring searching and neither the Mammoth nor Jack Saw are very impressive searchers. Luckily I got my team into a central position using a Driller since the neither the Mammoth nor Jack Saw are very impressive movers. I killed Vasquez with the Saw, and Bolter with the Mammoth. I then went after Einstein, who was carrying the Laptop that I needed. I managed to blast him twice with the Mammoth and hit him once with Jack Saw. I got him down to 2 hit points but he still got away. Rob ended up winning because Blane was wiped out and Andrew and I were basically unable to stop him. He ended up doing a couple extra searches and found the tazer which got him enough points to win.

Those of us who have played before felt a little frustrated by the limitations of our missions. We may be approaching the limit of what the regular 3/4-Player SAGS has to offer (at least for our current group). I still like this game a lot but I am interested to try the 2-Player SAGS. I could see an expansion adding more options and depth for 3/4-Player games. I think there is a ton of potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.