7 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: Agricola Combination: Freeloader Chamberlain?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Eriksson
msg tools
How does this work in Agricola?

player1 has played the chamberlain and uses it to play e.g. familygrowth even without room.

Chamberlain states that player1 and only player1 can use this action.

Player2 has freeloader, and freeloader states that player can place his first family member on an action space that is already occupied.

Can player 2 use player 1 family growth even without room, which P1 uses in advance!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Player 2 can take family growth without room. Reason is, the action space is not open to all other players yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems quite clear to me: the Chamberlain states that 'only you' can use spaces 12, 13, 14. There is nothing on the Freeloader to suggest that he can contravene this rule.

I'm sure Mike will be pleased to clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
ousgg wrote:
It seems quite clear to me: the Chamberlain states that 'only you' can use spaces 12, 13, 14. There is nothing on the Freeloader to suggest that he can contravene this rule.

I'm sure Mike will be pleased to clarify.

I have the same interpretation, but I should point out that although my picture is on the card, I am not its author.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
smcmike wrote:

I have the same interpretation, but I should point out that although my picture is on the card, I am not its author.

Well that's just spoiled all my illusions. I assumed you WERE the Freeloader. Who better to ask than the man himself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bove
United States
East Lansdowne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine this would never come into play in an actual game situation since the player employing Chamberlain would be wise to use his/her last worker(s) on the Round 12-14 cards and the Freeloader could only use his/her first worker to piggyback off of the Chamberlain's worker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
montu wrote:
I imagine this would never come into play in an actual game situation since the player employing Chamberlain would be wise to use his/her last worker(s) on the Round 12-14 cards and the Freeloader could only use his/her first worker to piggyback off of the Chamberlain's worker.

Unless you wanted to get out a killer minor that needed a certain number of Ocks or planted fields, of course...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.