Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: I played the game last night, so I am updating the post to a more general question about donations.

How “secret” are these supposed to be? Is the idea that you should know you are, say, four coins behind the leader and try and get money to make up or is it more a nebulous thing?

I ask because with my children, we were pretty liberal with making change for the treasure chests. So, I could clearly see my son change in coins for a 10 and he knew when I put back 5-1 coins for a 5.

I understand this is an ethos question at heart…groups can play however they like.

I’m just wondering if the design intent is for a “surprise” at the end. I’m thinking it is because of the very existence of the treasure chests to “hide” the money.

However, if money is open and we can make change any way we like, it seems more a calculating mechanic than a surprise one.

We had a ton of fun with the game, and will be playing it again. I’m just asking out of curiosity, really.

Thanks,

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Z
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my understanding of rules, opponents should know when I'm putting money into my chest, but not how much.

Calculating how much players have put into chests, especially in 4-5 player games could be challenging, so I think, the idea is that players have only vague idea of how much money is in treasure chests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.