Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » General

Subject: converting 1st edition game to enhanced edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been using a copy of the original edition that I got in a trade, but I've been reading up a little on the Enhanced Edition. I got the EE card inserts from Spiffworld (http://spiffworld.com/sotm/printable.cfm) and the user manual from the official SOTM site. I've printed out the hero card inserts on sticker paper and am in the process of sticking them on the old cards (I want them to stay in place inside the card sleeves instead of sliding around). Next up will be the villains and finally the environments.

My question is, is that really all there is to it? Just print out the new manual and use some (or rather, a LOT of) card inserts, and you can now play with the EE rules? (I know the Absolute Zero deck has one card that has to be changed too).

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Chastise has been errataed since the 1st printing of Enhanced Edition. It's now only playable on non-Hero Targets (which matters when Fanatic is paired with Visionary or Unity).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is about the sum of it. You can use stickers and some pennies/slugs/stuff to make the HP tokens even!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: misread your post, thought you meant something different by inserts. You're good!

There are several cards in all decks that need to be changed; you can find PDFs on the Greater Than Games website of all the changes, and either 1) print those off and stick them on cards, or 2) keep those PDFs handy while you play.

Sleeves may also help with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone! Man, this is a LOT of work...still cheaper than a new EE though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WizardHowl wrote:
Thanks everyone! Man, this is a LOT of work...still cheaper than a new EE though.

Gotta say, ~$27 vs. fixing all those cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
WizardHowl wrote:

Gotta say, ~$27 vs. fixing all those cards!

I figure about US$35 including shipping, compared to about US$1.50 for all the sticker paper I've bought. I also have access to a place where I print in color for next to nothing whistle

(yeah i'm cheap thing is, no one here really wants the first edition - they'd rather get the EE. Not sure I could sell this to offset the cost of an EE for myself.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.