Discworld: Ankh-Morpork» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on Fresh Start Club interrupt card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Rightmer
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
If a player plays The Duckman card, can the player whose piece has been moved play the Fresh Start Club card to allow them to place the minion in a different (not the original) area of their choice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Fresh Start Club
"If you have a minion removed you can place him in a different area."

I would say it does not cover moving, although when trouble markers are concerned, moves are remove+add combinations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Rightmer
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
The question arose over the meaning of the words "move" and "remove." One player argued that, as a piece was removed from one area, any "move" counted as a remove, while a second player argued that "remove" only means removal of a piece from the board, not removal of a piece from an area and placing in another area.

Given the stubbornness of the players involved, I doubt we can play the game until this question is resolved. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srightmer wrote:
The question arose over the meaning of the words "move" and "remove." One player argued that, as a piece was removed from one area, any "move" counted as a remove, while a second player argued that "remove" only means removal of a piece from the board, not removal of a piece from an area and placing in another area.

Given the stubbornness of the players involved, I doubt we can play the game until this question is resolved. shake
Fresh start club only applies when a minion is removed of the board, not just moved elsewhere. There are other interrupts for moving minions. Not this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Fresh Start Club is for people who have died and then come back to life. A minion being removed from the board signifies their 'death' and so become eligible to join the FSC. A minion moving on the board does not require their death, thus cannot be blocked by the FSC card.

Hope that makes sense.

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Rightmer
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Makes perfect sense to me, thanks for the quick reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.