Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Dillie
United States
Traverse City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Hello everyone,

Can the allies communicate at all between themselves? For instance, on the end of turn 2 the Austrian and French/Russian players wanted to talk about the chances of the Prussian player using the OO Bohemian option. I guess what we are asking is: Can the allies communicate at all during the game? This could be notes, conferences, etc. Any ruling on this. Rules are not clear on this.

Thanx,

Ron D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
A good way to handle communication in asymmerical games ("one VS many") is to allow the "allies" to discuss freely as long as whatever they say is heard by the "one common foe".
Let's wait for a more authoritative answer to your doubt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But since the "Allies" are all playing for themselves, it might not be so wise to have too many discussions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Quote:
I guess what we are asking is: Can the allies communicate at all during the game? This could be notes, conferences, etc. Any ruling on this. Rules are not clear on this.

==> Basically the allies are allowed to talk to each other, as long as they don't show each other their TC's (or tell each other in detail what cards they hold).

==> If players want they can agree to play it more strict, without any tallking (that would make the game more serious, but maybe less *funny*)

==> If all players agree, you can allow secret talks (of course, they have to rely each other that the not-showing-and-not-telling-of-TC-principle is kept). It's up to the group you are playing in.

==> It is also up to the group to decide whether hints are allowed (e.g. may the french player tell the prussian player about a good move against the Russians? May the french player tell the austrian player tell about a good move against the Prussians?)

==> In the upcoming friedrich-world-championship, secret talks won't be allowed. Giving hints won't be allowed. Talking will be allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Dillie
United States
Traverse City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Everyone,

Thanks for your replies. To clarify, we do not discuss specifics of play. Just overall grand strategy. Austria: "I think Russia needs to push the offensive a little more to spread out the Prussian player." This is an example. Thank you everyone, for giving us your thoughts.

We are in our second game (Did not finish the first one due to a 3 week break.) We are starting the sixth turn this friday and will keep you up to date. The Prussian player did not opt for the Bohemian OO on turn 3. He is a gambler and positioned himself for that option. I was one nervous Austrian let me tell you! This is why we had the conference on the end of turn 2. (With the French/Russian player). We needed to discuss a plan B in case he decided to move into Bohemia. We really are enjoying every minute of this game, Richard, and thank you again for your design.

After your Germany tournament, have you ever considered one in the US to spread the word on your game? I think it would be great to get everyone together in the States for such a tourney. Thanx,

Ron D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
ronald, thanks for your nice words on the game. I am happy that you like it. And, yes, i can really feel your nervous watching of the prussian moves ... An offensive option is a real hard struggle for the austrians. It changes the course of the game dramatically. But it is also a high risk gamble for the Prussians. I can really recommend trying it at least once.

Quote:
After your Germany tournament, have you ever considered one in the US to spread the word on your game? I think it would be great to get everyone together in the States for such a tourney. Thanx,

It is quite hard for me to organize a tournament in the usa sitting in germany ... (having no infrastucture on my self, knowing no places, etc. ) -- But, hey, the idea is that the FIFA world championship is also in germany. The final game is in berlin on sunday, july 9, just the weekend before the friedrich tournament. -- So maybe one or the other guy wants to come to germany watching football/soccer... He could add one week to participate to the friedrich world championship (july 14 to 16).

For further information:
http://www.histogame.de/e_friedrich-WM.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.