Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt, Ben,

After a week or two of sniffing about, I'm happy to report that I've located all of the different expansions and such to Fleet and they've all set sail to me.

I was watching a video review yesterday of Dice Town and Dice Town: Wild West. What was cool about those two games is that the pictures on the box join together to make an even bigger western picture.

How cool would it be to do the same with your box? The Fleet box just begs to have more of Ridback Bay revealed with the expansion box.

Hopefully the expansion plans are going well and it'll hit our shores some time this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be really cool

It is done! Atleast design wise anyway. The rest is publisher and all that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Atkinson
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Scruffy Looking Nerf-Herder
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea on the release date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also love to have a bit of a designer's diary from you guys, if that would be ok. Did you come up with the expansion for Fleet back when you had created the base game, or was this something you started working on once you realized that Fleet was a success?

It has to be very rewarding to come up with an idea for a game, realize it is a lot of fun, and have your feelings reaffirmed by such positive sales and reviews.

Of course, just a eta on the expansion would also be great, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@ william. End of summer-ish

@ brad.we will do a designer diary for the expansion. I have a few ideas on hiw to put it together but it won't be until launch.

And yes it is I (we as ben does to) are fortunate to have really good jobs, wives, families, and lives in general. Fleet truly has been icing on the cake this last year. Hopefully we can pull it off again... several more times
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bradandmary wrote:

I was watching a video review yesterday of Dice Town and Dice Town: Wild West. What was cool about those two games is that the pictures on the box join together to make an even bigger western picture.

How cool would it be to do the same with your box? The Fleet box just begs to have more of Ridback Bay revealed with the expansion box.

Strange minds think alike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I could have a suggestion: it would be good, if the bidding range would be larger. In the base game rarely goes the price more than 2-3 dollars up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Atkinson
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My table can get quite competitive. Paid nearly twenty once for a tuna license.

fisha wrote:
If I could have a suggestion: it would be good, if the bidding range would be larger. In the base game rarely goes the price more than 2-3 dollars up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the bid winner lost the game.
20 dollars... You can have that stack only in mid or late game, when Tuna doesn't matter so much.

I think its not about the competiive oppenents, but the lack of money (cards) in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Atkinson
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, she won. Her fishing engine was the king that game and she had the coin to float such a boat.

fisha wrote:
20 dollars... You can have that stack only in mid or late game, when Tuna doesn't matter so much.

I think its not about the competiive oppenents, but the lack of money (cards) in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AtkinsonWH wrote:
Actually, she won. Her fishing engine was the king that game and she had the coin to float such a boat.

fisha wrote:

I think we need to add an iOS or PC version of Fleet to our wish list, so that we can play against each other online and compare fishing strategies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Atkinson
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure many fleet fans would love that. For me I tend not to get excited about computerized versions of games...they tend to bore me.

bradandmary wrote:

I think we need to add an iOS or PC version of Fleet to our wish list, so that we can play against each other online and compare fishing strategies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.