Mrs. Vickies CHIPS
I think one one of these was asked before but I can't find it and we are still having a doubt it and the other below.
With the card "unexpected troubles", it asks you to cover a terrain type on the tile where you were gathering resources, in this case it was the Beach for us.
- So does this mean you can no longer gather things here since you don't know the terrain ie what is on the tile? Or can you gather normally?
- Can you re-explore the terrain by exploring the tile in a regular fashion, thus afterwards allowing yourself the option to once again build the shovel?
When 2 players in 3 player game are hunting with a weapon level of zero and the sacrificial knife (+3), you encounter an animal with 4 health and -1 weapon level. What happens? (I think we have this right now but want to clarify)
- Which ever player was taking the hunting action (has to be decided beforehand) gets 1 wound. Then all THREE players get 1 wound, since there is NO weapon level to decrease (bonus does not count if correct)
Does that seem right for hunting?
1. You may collect resources produced on tile,but may not use terrain type for construction. In your case no shovel if you haven't already constructed it. This effect stays for rest of game unless resolve a threat that says uncover that particular terrain type or remove any black cube from game board.
2. No reexploreing of the tile to find beach resource. It is exhausted.
3. Not sure of sacrificial knife. I play it like a temporary weapon strength, and take an unfufilled wound for each level of weapon strenght missing. I play it that only lead hunter would take damage, not the entire team.
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
It has taken me a long time to understand when a player will take damage, and when a group will take damage. However, it is very easy:
During all phases except the action phase, all players will take damage for things they have to discard (or lower, in case of levels).
During the Action Phase, only the player who is performing an action will take damage, for anything. This is true even if the palisade level has to be lowered and can't, etc.
There is, again, one exception:
If the start player has to fight during the event phase, he alone takes all damage! He also takes damage if the weapons level or the palisade level has to be lowered, etc.
That is how it got explained to me. It's also how it will be explained in the German rules...