Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the Roman tribal space of Acelum gets subjugated by the Gauls, is it no longer considered a tribal space?

What actions can the Romans take to convert it back short of moving an Army to that location?

If the Gauls take control of Acelum and the Romans gain a PC from a battle with the Gauls -- can they remove the Gaul PC to make Acelum back a Roman space or does it go from Gaul to Independent?

Thanks,

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
Once the Roman tribal space of Acelum gets subjugated by the Gauls, is it no longer considered a tribal space?

That is correct. It is also true for all tribal spaces - once a tribe is subjugated it is replaced by a PC marker never to return.

Quote:
What actions can the Romans take to convert it back short of moving an Army to that location?

That is about it unless the Romans control a space adjacent to the space then they could use political support from a victory over the Gauls to convert it back.

Quote:
If the Gauls take control of Acelum and the Romans gain a PC from a battle with the Gauls -- can they remove the Gaul PC to make Acelum back a Roman space or does it go from Gaul to Independent?

It goes to independent assuming the Romans do not control a space adjacent to it. Once the tribe is gone, the Romans lose thier foothold in Gallic territory which is why it is a good idea to subjugate those guys when you get the chance..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wray wrote:
T-Mo wrote:

It goes to independent assuming the Romans do not control a space adjacent to it. Once the tribe is gone, the Romans lose thier foothold in Gallic territory which is why it is a good idea to subjugate those guys when you get the chance..

Why is that? I can't see what the Roman tribal space can do to harm the Gallic since it is no reinforcement space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
They're Young, They're in Love... They eat LARD
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to know as well.

Is it possible that the Romans can move to Acelum quickly (using a combination of Desperate Times and a Campaign card to found a city there without having to place a PC marker or Subjugate the tribal space?

That way you would have a Reinforcement space in the Gallic backfield creating a third front to squeeze them.

That is my guess at least...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
epilgrim wrote:
I would like to know as well.

Is it possible that the Romans can move to Acelum quickly (using a combination of Desperate Times and a Campaign card to found a city there without having to place a PC marker or Subjugate the tribal space?

That way you would have a Reinforcement space in the Gallic backfield creating a third front to squeeze them.

That is my guess at least...

Even if it remained a Roman tribal space, they would not be able to colonize it I think.

The reason to take out Acelum is because, for the Gauls, attacking the Romans is more risky if Acelum remains Roman (or even Independent). A Gallic loss to the Romans allows placement of PC markers adjacent to Roman spaces. That ignored tribe can quickly grow to a Roman province, and there are Gallic VP spaces pretty close to the tribe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally I got an answer...! laugh

Ok, so not defeating the Roman tribe will make it a potential risk to the Gauls for converting spaces. But there will never be any cities or CUs built there without moving CU from the main Roman land to that province?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonjac wrote:
Finally I got an answer...! laugh

Ok, so not defeating the Roman tribe will make it a potential risk to the Gauls for converting spaces. But there will never be any cities or CUs built there without moving CU from the main Roman land to that province?

Yes, I think the only way for a city to be built there would be for the tribe to be subjugated and then returned to Roman control, and then a 3 CU force marched there to colonize.

A CU can't be placed there unless there is a city (reinforcement space) or a path of Roman CU connecting to a Roman city (reinforcement space). Either way, there would be little surprise there as it would be seen coming a while off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barratt
United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what the historical reason for the Lost Tribe of Rome is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MBarratt wrote:
Does anyone know what the historical reason for the Lost Tribe of Rome is?

IIRC, the tribes in that area were more aligned with Rome and against the Gallic tribes. It was probably more of the latter, so they sided with Rome against the Gauls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.