Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Federico
Italy
Val di Non
Trentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game 2 was very close, with Lady Luck favouring the British right at the end, when Fort Frontenac decided to hide at the bottom of the French deck. Final score: 56-54.

Some thoughts:

A comple of improvements are possible for both. Certainly it's better for the British to have at least 1 Native/Rangers, to threaten the settle Fort Beaus. + Raid combo. Even having 2 forts I couldn't find the time to fortify Albany, because the only time I had a chance to do that I would have had no defense against a raid in Pemaqid for at least 1 turn.

The Intendant can be very annoying, as it allows combos like settle Fort Stanwix + Siege Albany, which isn't as desperate as it sounds, as the British will certainly governor away some of his military strength, and the French will still have his Regular Infantry in reserve.

I bought HomeSupport a little too late, I should have gotten it earlier instead of developing Norfolk or New Haven.

The British seem to really have to merchant on turn 1 and buy both neutral Settlers his next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
To Tom's point, if the British did buy both N. Settlers right off, I would probably pursue a settle out (rather than develop)/raid from the middle board strategy. Intendant could still be useful here, but man is he expensive. This is less a concern without threat of siege, though......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |