Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Moore
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I play a lot of 2 player games and I, personally, am getting tired of the same occupations. Is there anything wrong with throwing in the 3+ or just using the 4+ occupations instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Miller
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of them will reference action cards that aren't in the 2p game. Some will clearly only have decent use with more people.

I'm sure plenty of them would be fine, though.

--ElSoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
You might also consider picking up one or more of the expansion decks and/or the "Farmers..." expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MisterG wrote:
You might also consider picking up one or more of the expansion decks and/or the "Farmers..." expansion.

+1 to this
The Gamers Deck (G-deck) is one of the best and tends to be readily available and a good price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
belibutn wrote:
My wife and I play a lot of 2 player games and I, personally, am getting tired of the same occupations. Is there anything wrong with throwing in the 3+ or just using the 4+ occupations instead?

We have never had a problem doing this. Sometimes you'll draw a card that obviously won't work, but that's easy enough to redraw for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belibutn wrote:

It's fine, but there are a few cards that are probably either too good or too terrible. Stonecutter, for example, I think would probably be too strong in 2er.

I don't play many 2er games, but we use most 4+ cards in our 3er games. We just talk about them and throw out the ones that are problematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go through the cards first and take out the ones you think are unsuitable for 2p gaming. Easy peasy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Moore
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the suggestions, folks. I'll talk about it with the missus and maybe try to throw in a few of the other decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.