Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
tricky to pbem. lots of reaction opportunities and trumping...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
I've done it. Some battles would be more difficult, due to decisions around special units (Archers with Flails).

For Reaction Fire, I agreed with my opponent that Crossbowmen would fire at the first unit that entered their ZOC, which they want to do most of the time anyway, and let the moving player roll for the effect. Since Archers always Reaction Fire, it is easy for the moving player to fire when his units move into their ZOC.

It is trickier when it comes to Knights and Counter-Charge vs Missile Fire when they are within range of their commander, that would require some guidance ahead of time (always counter-charge or always try to avoid counter-charge) to speed play or several back and forth exchanges.

One nice thing about the Men of Iron system when PBEM, a players Activation doesn't take to long to play maybe 15-20 minutes to complete. Some games where you have to move 200+ units can take an hour or more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.