Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted an older thread about looking for Knoxville gamers. I have met one person from that thread and we now game a few times a month. I thought now would be a good time to maybe seek out some more gamers in the area.

My collection recently took the wargame path and I have been buying up all the ones I can, although I haven't played to many of them yet, so it would be great to find some local wargamers. Euros and Ameritrash are still played in the the house, though.

I currently have a 4x4 and a 2x6 table that connects and an additional 3.5x3.5 that is separate, so hosting is not a problem for me. I am in the no drinks/food on table club and yes, I do sleeve everything and clip counter corners, so I am obviously insane. But,if you can handle that I would love to game with some of you.

Feel free to geekmail me you FB link or whatever so I can get to know you better. If you replied in the old thread and never heard from me I'm sorry, I had a few people pm me so I didn't go back through the thread and PM everyone that replied...so please, hit me up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kari Keeling
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I'd love to get to know other board gamers in the area, as I haven't gotten the chance to meet many people in Knoxville (only moved here full time last year). My husband and I play a variety of games and are always up for learning a new one. I haven't really gotten into wargames yet, but I'm very open about trying them out if you don't mind a newbie. Let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pastore
United States
Philadelphia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I may be spending most of the summer in Oak Ridge this year... So I'm wondering about good game stores or the like, thinking about what toys I need to bring with me. Anyone doing Malifaux, Confrontation or Flames of War down there? How about Call of Cthulhu the card game? Or maybe Magic the Gathering for my son...

All this in addition to board games, of course!

Any advice on best stores or the like?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Sci-Fi City and Organized Play, both in Knoxville, and I guess Hobby Town USA too, but thats about it. You can probably find some gaming at the first two. Sci-Fi City is huge with a great (and expensive) collection, while Organizded play is your typical small, cramped, somewhat dirty comic/game store, but I think they are both missing the (F) part of FLGS shake

I would check out East Tennesee Gamers (just google that to find them) or the group on Meetup.com for Knoxville for what your looking for. Hope that helps

EDIT: Actually the Troll and Toad warehouse is only an hour plus change north of Oak Ridge, might be worth a weekly trip or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hopper
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got signed up, and I live in Knoxville as well. Hoping to find some people to game with.

I'm willing to try almost anything. I've mostly been doing rpg (AD&D 1e and old-school clones for the most part) for the past few years, but now I'm ready to get back into wargames, sims, etc. and meet some new folks.

I have experience (many years ago) with some ASL, VG's The Civil War, Kingmaker, and a few others.

Reply or send me a pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Kingston, TN, which is 35 minutes from Knoxville. Ive been thinking of starting something a game night here at the house. I have a healthy sized collection so the game choices would be plentiful. The problem is the game night schedule could be erratic because I'm a P.I., and work can come in last minute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still looking for someone specifically to play 2-player wargames with. I've gotten a few played recently, but looking for someone regular. I can host or travel and have the opportunity to play as much as once a week if possible. I don't know how to play most of what I own, but willing to put the time in to learn. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Human Being
msg tools
mb
I just moved to the area this month from a highly active gaming community and am going through some withdrawal after seeing what seems to be a serious lack of interest in the hobby locally. Hoping I'm wrong, but my research had been discouraging so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rau
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Boris wrote:
I just moved to the area this month from a highly active gaming community and am going through some withdrawal after seeing what seems to be a serious lack of interest in the hobby locally. Hoping I'm wrong, but my research had been discouraging so far.

Our regular gaming friends have moved away from Knoxville so we are definitely looking for people to game with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Human Being
msg tools
mb
What games do you play? I play Dicemasters, imperial assault, x-wing, attack wing, and a handful of others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rau
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly Ameritrash games, particularly Fantasy Flight and Days of Wonder ones, and some Euro like Catan and Stone Age but willing to try new games as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Human Being
msg tools
mb
What's the best game store to meet at for gaming?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rau
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only know of two stores left in town, Scifi City might be the better option but I havent gamed in either store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Human Being
msg tools
mb
What are the best days/times? My schedule is pretty open right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rau
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weekends are best for me, doesn't really matter the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.