Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm looking for some fellow gamers in the Lakeland/Polk County area who enjoy adventure style board games and wargames. I'm considering starting an actual Meetup group to find folks but as that has a bit of a startup cost, thought I'd gauge interest here first.

If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM or post here.

Happy Gaming :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
if you get a group going and ever have a day long gaming session to make it worth driving to you might be able to draw gamers like me from Orlando area and from the Tampa bay area since you are almost right in between.

in the mean time until you get something in Lakeland going, consider coming to Orlando area for a game day... this coming Saturday in Longwood Robert Goldsmith is hosting from 3pm until usually well past midnight (I'm usually leaving at Midnight to 1am and some are still gaming strong so don't know when it really ends).

http://www.meetup.com/OrlandoGameNight/events/108255142/

you have to join the meetup group (no cost) to get the address and you can seek Robert out on Facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/robert.goldsmith.7
argh, bgg doesn't treat the .7 as part of the url... so takes you to wrong person... try...
http://tinyurl.com/cntfd9a

I also plan to resume once a week all day euro gaming at my house in Longwood this Fall

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will certainly let you know. The only thing stopping me now is lack of people. I'll check into your gaming group... Thanks for the note.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ Shoemaker
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Another Lakelander. Haha I thought we were extinct. If you do get that meetup going, let me know, I might be able to find a babysitter and swing by here and there. Struggling to juggle new baby and husbandly duties, so I'm like swamped.

Also, I know there's a meetup group that meets in Brandon. I've not had the chance to make it out that way, but I did see their link.

http://www.meetup.com/Brandon-Boardgamers/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Heya Neighbor... yup, I'm actually a member of that meetup but, like you, haven't made it out yet. I'd like to try one of their Saturday events but they tend to fill up fast.

I will certainly send you a PM when I get something local going.

Thanks for sayin' hi.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm from savannah, and would consider driving for matches! I might even hit up that Orlando meet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asmodeos wrote:
I'm from savannah, and would consider driving for matches! I might even hit up that Orlando meet.

check with Robert, he may have extra crash space....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Cooper
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
Congratulations! You've found OverText.
badge
Well looky there, more OverText.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Lakelanders,
I live just south of you in Fruitland Park. I am always looking for more gamers and am glad to hear there are some others nearby.

I already meet up with a couple in Lakeland about once a week or at least every other week. We're always eager to add in new gamers, but in the past haven't been able to find any.

I've also recently been hooked up with another gamer thanks to TableTop Game Day at CoolStuff, although we haven't had a chance to game yet.
So it looks like we may have enough people to get a decent sized group going on in our area. Hooray!

Jeff, I'm very excited at the prospect of having another gamer interested in adventure games nearby, and even more excited about a gamer who also owns Heroscape living nearby.

GM me and let's get something going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right on Will... I'm a seventh generation Floridian and have no idea where Fruitland Park is. I'm going to have to google that.

Its funny you mention heroscape, I actually hadn't dusted off that game in about 7 years. I got it for me and my son when he was just 5. Good memories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Cooper
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
Congratulations! You've found OverText.
badge
Well looky there, more OverText.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh dang it. I saw Lakeland and read Lady Lake. I guess I'm always super hopeful about potential new gamer friends who live close by.

Lakeland is still only about 45 minutes away from here, though I'm north of Lakeland not south. I'd still be up for some occasional gaming, but maybe not weekly considering you're now not 10 minutes away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoL... exactly. There's other folks that have stopped by from your neck of the woods. Maybe I need to just suck it up and start heading north more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kermit Rickenberg
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
Add me to the list of interested players...I live east of winter haven in the country so always gotta drive...but closer is always great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the note Kermit... Geekmail sent :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rickek wrote:
Add me to the list of interested players...I live east of winter haven in the country so always gotta drive...but closer is always great!

except for Dice Tower convention I assume

out of curiosity did anyone here attend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost pulled the trigger on that short trip but wimped out. Would love to go one day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob oren

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
was a great 5 days......worth doing the people were great!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B P
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
We are a family of gamers in the Four Corners area (27/192) and are looking to find some people to game with as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob oren

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
im in mt dora area might be too far for you guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

B5:ACTA

Though I haven't had much luck in finding any players just around the block, I'll throw something else out here anyway...

I'd like one day to start a Babylon 5: A Call to Arms story driven campaign. Not so much a competitive setting as one where players would rank up and earn bigger "flagships" by cooperating in missions that form chapters in an overal story arc.

Since I am apparently the only gamer in Lakeland whistle, I would not be opposed to making a road trip for a healthy session of gaming somewhere 1-2 hours away even. With any luck, there's folks out there who wouldn't mind alternating hosting a session.

If anyone has any inclination to do something like this, send me a geek message.

And by the way, I have started a local meetup like site at GroupSpaces.Com. Just search Lakeland Boardgames there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Grell
United States
Winter Haven
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the Lakeland area(Auburndale) and interested in meeting up with fellow gamers. I too haven't had much luck finding a decent steady group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll send ya a PM...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.