Subject: Upkeep and 'bankruptcy' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john morrison
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
This question came up in an Eclipse game on Vassal that I was observing:

In the upkeep phase, at the point where you have a negative orange balance (ie you have done more actions than you can pay for):
If you take influence discs off systems and return them to the Influence Track on your player board so as to get back in balance,
Do you only return discs UNTIL you are in balance? Or can you continue to return discs as you please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manary Corte
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Best game of all time...
badge
...Twilight Imperium 3!
mbmbmbmbmb
jumpingjohnflash wrote:

In the upkeep phase, at the point where you have a negative orange balance (ie you have done more actions than you can pay for):
If you take influence discs off systems and return them to the Influence Track on your player board so as to get back in balance,
Do you only return discs UNTIL you are in balance? Or can you continue to return discs as you please?

Just until get in balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ManCorte wrote:
jumpingjohnflash wrote:

Just until get in balance.

But you can always exchange your money to other resources, if you want to make controlled bankruptcy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john morrison
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Radziol wrote:

But you can always exchange your money to other resources, if you want to make controlled bankruptcy.

I think you may have misunderstood my question.
I know you can "trade away money" so that you have none and therefore have no choice but to return influence discs instead.
My question was about how many discs you can return - i.e.
A/ only those necessary to be back in balance again,
or,
B/as many as you wish.

The answer from the previous poster was A, but I think some of the players in my group have been playing it as B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jumpingjohnflash wrote:
Radziol wrote:

I think you may have misunderstood my question.
I know you can "trade away money" so that you have none and therefore have no choice but to return influence discs instead.
My question was about how many discs you can return - i.e.
A/ only those necessary to be back in balance again,
or,
B/as many as you wish.

The answer from the previous poster was A, but I think some of the players in my group have been playing it as B.

I understood your question.
And it's clearly A.
I only say you can increase the number of discs you can remove.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Vosper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
And another question: Are you forced to trade in your other goods to get as much money as you can, even if you'd still come up short and have to pull discs back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vosos102 wrote:
And another question: Are you forced to trade in your other goods to get as much money as you can, even if you'd still come up short and have to pull discs back?

You are never forced to trade in your other goods (except maybe if the alternative is that you are eliminated)

In fact, you may trade away your money even if it would make you come up short.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dulkal wrote:
vosos102 wrote:

You are never forced to trade in your other goods (except maybe if the alternative is that you are eliminated)

As mentioned above

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radziol wrote:
Dulkal wrote:
vosos102 wrote:

As mentioned above

Indeed. But I thought it was worth repeating when people were still asking whether they were forced to make money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dulkal wrote:
Radziol wrote:
Dulkal wrote:
vosos102 wrote:

As mentioned above

Indeed. But I thought it was worth repeating when people were still asking whether they were forced to make money.

It wasn't to you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.