Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Mendes de Oliveira
Brazil
Maringá
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base game, but I don't have the expansion yet. After reading the scenario book from close encounters, I had wonder if its possible adapt the some of the co-op scenarios to the base game, just to give a try. Is it possible?

Maybe this is the only way to convince my fiancee to play with me...
Also, if it works, will be a good reason to buy the expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Chris_Oliveira85 wrote:

Maybe this is the only way to convince my fiancee to play with me...
Also, if it works, will be a good reason to buy the expansion

That's a good reason to play co-op!

It's possible, sometimes I 'turn off' a lot of the Expansion and Advanced rules when I teach the game using the co-op scenarios. For Doomsday I would:

-Pretend your 20 CP Homeworlds are 30 CP Homeworlds.
-Start with Terraforming
-Use the "Black Hole Jump" technology as described in the Expansion Scenario Book
-Since you can't really use Titans, I would make all Doomsday Machines have the weakness to large fleets, that way you and your teammate can build Dreadnaughts and smaller ships to beat them.
-Since you can't capture planets with ground troops I would make destroyed planets count for fewer Victory Points for the DMs.

The Alien Player scenario doesn't work as well as a teaching game since theres a bit more moving parts.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.