Forlorn: Hope» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Solo Operation B: Going Our Way rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S K
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lately Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game has been my choice for some solo alien killing mayhem. I haven't broken out Forlorn Hope since i got SHDA and to be honest i wasn't quite sold on FH. However i decided to give it another go (once i found it again - i finally located it in the orinial envelope that Ancient Battles Deluxe came in).

I played Solo Operation B: Going Our Way just using the normal special rules (so not Trainee or Veteran level).

Set up

Lt Smith and Cpl Bern started in room A and Cpl Zac and Pvt Adams in room B. The rescue team consisted of Sgt Krauss, Sgt Fox, Pvts Vinny, Ward and Bates.

The plan was for the two teams in the rooms to wait until support arrived before heading for the airlock. The rescue team would split into two with each Sgt leading 1 or 2 Pvts to either room.

However it didn't take too long for the Xenos to spoil that plan. Lt Smith and Cpl Bern had to take out a couple of Eggs before they hatched, while in room B the Xenos kept dropping through the ceiling.

The rescue team was split in two as Pvt Bates was the first casualty. Sgt Krauss exacted a measure of revenge by clearing a path to room B. She found some body armour along the way. Inside she found Cpl Zac taking care of any Xenos that popped their head through the access vent. Even though the mini-gun had a nasty habit of jamming, Pvt Adams gave ample support.

Sgt Fox fought his way through a swarm of Drones to reach Lt Smith and Cpl Bern. The security doors were barely open before first a Drone and then a Blaster ended Sgt Fox's life. Lt Smith hastily rushed out in support and joined the heroic Sgt Fox in the afterlife. Cpl Bern set the walls of the corridor aflame. His victory however was fleeting as Drones overwhelmed him.

Elsewhere Pvt Bates got separated from Pvt Vinny and died alone. Sgt Krauss headed to Airlock C with Cpl Zac and Pvt Adams in tow. They paused at a corridor junction to pick up Pvt Vinny. Sgt Krauss reached the airlock, stopping momentarily to eliminate several Xenos exiting the nearby access vent.

Bringing up the rear Pvt Adams was another Blaster victim. Realising that time was running out Sgt Krauss stepped aside to let Pvt Vinny to enter the airlock. She let off a few more bursts of hot lead before joining Pvt Vinny. Cpl Zac used up the last of his ammo to dispatch a few more Xenos then he exited sealing off the Engineering Sublevel.

Only one marine was rescued for the cost of six others!

This operation requires 30pts to win. The three surviving marines gave 16pts. Killed Blasters, Warriors and Eggs all count for 1 vp (Drones and Hatchlings are worth nothing - and the marines killed a lot of them). The marines killed 3 of each, bringing the final total to 27pts. Close but not good enough.

27 victory points

Postscript

I actually quite enjoyed Forlorn Hope this time around, and now that i know where it is i will definitely break it out again. I most probably made a few errors/omissions with the rules (eg forgot about using grenades) but overall i don't think it affected the game too much.

SK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Close game. I've been eyeing Forlorn: Hope for a while, and this session report makes me want to break down and get a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice session report! Now I'll have to bring F:H on the table soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.