Subject: miniatures category? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really tempted by this game, I think it would greatly complement Summoner Wars as something a bit longer and meatier.
I'm also excited that it's not a CCG (which I hate on principle) despite all the Magic comparisons.
So doing more research into it, I see it categorised as a Minitures game here on BGG, but I can't see anything resembling figurines you place on a board. Have I missed something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you use cards. It's just that the gameplay is more like a miniatures game (using cards instead of minis) in some ways than a regular card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cromwell
msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe the gameplay lends itself easily to a miniatures style. I actually think the game would be easier if I were using minis on the board instead of the cards. Minis would take up less space on the board, and I could have the cards off to the side with all the equipment, damage and effects - which would simplify the upkeep phase a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd categorize it as fairly equal parts living card game and miniatures game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like Summoner Wars, the game really does have a miniatures feel; you're sliding cards that represent creatures around the board just like you would miniatures.

I'm not sure why this has a miniatures classification though, unless 2 dimensional objects are considered miniatures as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because they flattened all the miniatures. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.