Popular Tags: [View All]
Duncan Doherty
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

For anyone who cares, or anyone who obsessively sleeves everything (like yours truly), I asked over at the kickstarter what size cards we'll be dealing with. Specifically I asked if FFG sleeves will fit, and Mercs responded with a yes.

So that should be Standard (2 1/4" x 3 1/2", or 57x89 MM) and Mini (1 5/8" x 2 1/2", or 41x63 MM) American Board Game Sleeves for those that use FFG like myself, and the measurements are there for those who don't.

Hope this is helpful to some folks .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they actually respond with measurements, or was that the response where they said something like "they are standard large and standard small"?

Fantasy Flight makes all the major sizes of sleeves (Standard card game (MtG), standard American, standard euro, mini american, mini euro), so I was kind of puzzled by that answer. I've seen lots of game creators and publishers quote the wrong sleeve name, though. They aren't all obsessive sleevers like some BGG folk...whistle

Unless they've confirmed the measurements, my guess would be that these are actually standard card game (Magic the Gathering) size. The prototype cards look like they are sleeved with standard card game sleeves. And we are getting custom sleeves in the kickstarter...most art-backed card sleeves are made for MtG-sized cards, and it's probably cheaper to keep them the same size.

And I'd hazard a guess that the small cards are mini Euro, not mini American, but that's just my wild guess based on other games.

Edit: Based on my ghetto "hold some cards up to the computer screen" measurements, the large cards in the images on kickstarter are a perfect match to a Standard Card Game (MtG) sized card. The small ones look like they are a match to mini Euro, but I don't own any Mini American sized cards to use as a counter-comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Doherty
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
Did they actually respond with measurements, or was that the response where they said something like "they are standard large and standard small"?

Fantasy Flight makes all the major sizes of sleeves (Standard card game (MtG), standard American, standard euro, mini american, mini euro), so I was kind of puzzled by that answer. I've seen lots of game creators and publishers quote the wrong sleeve name, though. They aren't all obsessive sleevers like some BGG folk...whistle

Unless they've confirmed the measurements, my guess would be that these are actually standard card game (Magic the Gathering) size. The prototype cards look like they are sleeved with standard card game sleeves. And we are getting custom sleeves in the kickstarter...most art-backed card sleeves are made for MtG-sized cards, and it's probably cheaper to keep them the same size.

And I'd hazard a guess that the small cards are mini Euro, not mini American, but that's just my wild guess based on other games.

Edit: Based on my ghetto "hold some cards up to the computer screen" measurements, the large cards in the images on kickstarter are a perfect match to a Standard Card Game (MtG) sized card. The small ones look like they are a match to mini Euro, but I don't own any Mini American sized cards to use as a counter-comparison.

Looks like I'm going to be asking again, and specifying exact measurements this time . Good catch Michelle. Consequently I've only got standard and mini american board game sleeves myself, and I thought the dimensions looked right for a match there. Time to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure that they'll give you an answer,.... no worries, you have 8 months to source those sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny H
China
Dongguan
Guangdong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know wheather there would be custom card sleeves for me of the Skalds if I've had them as an add-on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PublicEnemy wrote:
Does anybody know wheather there would be custom card sleeves for me of the Skalds if I've had them as an add-on?

They've said there will be for the Apprentice so I think it is a fairly safe assumption that there Skalds will be too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny H
China
Dongguan
Guangdong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
PublicEnemy wrote:

They've said there will be for the Apprentice so I think it is a fairly safe assumption that there Skalds will be too.

Thanks for the reply! Great news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't take that as confirmed! It's just speculation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card sleeves for the skald are an addon purchase. Five bucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So card sizes have now been confirmed to be 63x88 (standard card game) and 44x67 (mini euro)!
OP, it might be best if you edit your first post so nobody stumbles across the thread later

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official reply, a la MERCS and KS updates:

Quote:
We have done the card breakdown for 1 Captain and every add-on with cards.

Heroes - 31 Cards each (they have their own sleeves)

Large Cards: 63 x 88 mm (blackjack)

the Darkness Cards - 12 in the Base Game + 78 in the Extras/Stretch
Trap - 18 in the Base Game
Quest - 45 in the Base Game + 33 in the Extras/Stretch

186 Total

Small Cards: 44 x 67 mm (mini)

Treasures - 96 in the Base Game + 48 in the Extras/Stretch

144 total

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.