Anderson 78
msg tools
So I'm clearing out my cupboard and I find Talisman, Talisman City boxed, in amazing condition.

I'm starting to count the cards and things but the numbers of items exceed those suggested by the documentation. Then I find Talisman "the adventure" documentation within the Talisman box.

So it looks like I definitely have Talisman 2nd ed in mint condition. The box and contents for Talisman City (also mint) and perhaps "The adventure" also.

Could any of you folks suggest a sane way to verify exactly what I have here?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to the individual pages (use search to search for "Talisman"), and they have a compete list of cards included in each set.
2nd Edition Talisman can be found here: Talisman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anderson 78
msg tools
Perfect, thanks to you for the answer and to everyone who put in the effort in collecting and presenting this data.

Looks I've got a lot of work to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anderson 78
msg tools
Fabs wrote:
If you go to the individual pages (use search to search for "Talisman"), and they have a compete list of cards included in each set.

Ok, Talisman is complete, when I find the other expansions (City and Adventure) they don't have such a list on their pages.

Is there anywhere I can find this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anderson88 wrote:
Fabs wrote:

Ok, Talisman is complete, when I find the other expansions (City and Adventure) they don't have such a list on their pages.

You might be able to post in those individual forums for someone that has a copy.

I wish I could help, but mine are hopelessly mixed together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anderson88 wrote:
Fabs wrote:

Oops, I thought they were all listed there. My second suggestion then is to have a nose about the following fan site: http://www.talismanisland.com/
It's a fantastic fan site, and I'm sure the data you want will be there somewhere. There is another site I used in the past to find complete listings, but I can't find it currently. I'll update here if I do find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Grainger
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anderson88 wrote:
Fabs wrote:

The Adventure is harder to separate, because ISTR it has lots of generic green-backed cards. However, I think once you have sorted out the green cards from the main game and from the Expansion (if you have that), the remainder will be Adventure cards. The Adventure definitely comes with the large "game ending" cards - the Demon Lord, the Black Void, etc. The Adventure also comes with a bunch of characters - hopefully the fan site can help you there.

The city deck is easy - it has "city" on the back. The city also comes with four or five "prestige" characters - e.g. the High Mage. If you have the City rule-sheet/book, they should be listed there. I can't remember if the city came with any green-backed cards, alas.

Hope that's a bit of a help, anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
What's hard to separate are the item, spell and adventure deck as well as the characters.

- The "expansion" added to the base game cards.
- The "adventure" added to the base game cards, added the character "sheets" to put the cards on it and the alternate endings (black large cards).
- "City" added a board and it's own deck of cards and a few characters. Some of them were "upgrade" characters with yellow backs.
- "Dungeon" added a board, it's own deck of cards, a few characters and a few "dungeon doors" to the adventure deck.
- "Timescape" added a board and a few more sci-fi characters.
- "Dragons" added a few characters and tons of adventure cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm afraid I can't help with your question, but I wanted to point out:

If you have all the cards and pieces mixed together in one box, then if you're thinking about selling them, it would be better to describe them as "near mint" rather than "mint", which implies unused. Some people are fussy about these things!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Grainger
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Complete list of Talisman: The Adventure components:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/5922/complete-list-of-cards-...

And the base game...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/395521/talisman-2nd-edition-...

If you have just those and the City expansion, then the latter's components will be the left-overs when you have sorted out the above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.