Baptism at Bull Run» Forums » General

Subject: _Baptism at Bull Run_ on Kickstarter?! A modest proposal ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Laszlo,

Given the popularity and success on [geekurl=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1280624810/the-guns-of-gettysburg]Kickstarter[/geekurl] of the latest game design from Bowen Simmons, The Guns of Gettysburg, I was wondering if you had considered launching a Kickstarter funding-campaign for _Baptism at Bull Run_?

If you didn't know, Bowen is releasing a 2nd edition of Bonaparte at Marengo; that game has been out of print for some time, and Bowen felt there was enough interest and also improvements he could make to release a new edition. As fans of your game know, _Baptism at Bull Run_ uses a modified _Bonaparte at Marengo_ system, so your game will have at least one other popular game available for new & current fans of either / both games, and perhaps your game could find new interest among the backers of _Guns of Gettysburg_.

This is just something I was wondering whether you had considered doing - I believe you previously said you were looking for a printer for your game. Anyways, thanks for reading this!

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Please take my money!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to mention a reason that prompted me to suggest this idea. A few days ago, someone created a GeekList of the Top 10 First Battle of Bull Run Games.

The list creator, among others, had never heard of _Baptism at Bull Run_, so I posted the links to this game on BGG and also for the B@BR Cyberboard files. Anyways ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Brueckner
Germany
Loerrach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron E
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.