Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Special Agent Simon - Essen 2015
mb
A question that came up in our latest session:

My HQ is in a territory with a Major City (population: 2). I lost all my troops there and there are no enemy units in the territory either (due to a special event).

1) What happens if an enemy moves into that territory? Does he lose 2 units because of the Major City?

2) What happens if I move with my units back into the territory with my HQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The territory is treated as empty, it just happens to have a HQ in it, worth 1 victory point. If it has a special ability for you, you can use it again when you retake it. So, if you enter there, you lose two troops due to the major city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fleece
United States
New Baltimore
MI
flag msg tools
Jesus Christ is Lord of my life.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont think that is correct because the rules say you lose troops when the territory is unoccupied, not uncontrolled. The major city is occupied when there is an HQ in it. So i do not think you lose any troops. Pretty sure this has been brought up in another thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8601531#8601531

thatmarkguy wrote:
RobDaviau wrote:
Moving into an empty territory with an HQ is an expansion with no troop loss.

I'd assume if it was a major-city abandoned HQ (or worse yet, a major city with a fortification and an abandoned HQ) that would make it an expansion with troop loss?

RobDaviau wrote:
Yes. It was very early when I typed that.

A HQ and NO city is an expansion with no troop loss.

Otherwise you would expand and lose troops as per the standard rules for an empty city.

I had to dig it up, because I really was not sure which interpretation was right...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.