Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played previously that I could deploy to a non-muslim country. Recently, though, it struck me that I can only (bar Regime Change) deploy to a Muslim Ally.

Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 35 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, the one exception being Philippines when Abu Sayaf is in play. Think of it as the non-Muslim countries (Including the US) as already having local troops to deal with the cells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK... while we're on this subject... Can you explain "WHY" the Jihadist would travel to a non-muslim country? OR "WHY" would the US send troops to a non-muslim country?

I am going to "guess" the reason for Jihads to do this would be to get to the US to place a WMD PLOT??

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 35 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the US can't send troops to a non-Muslim country so I'm guessing your second question becomes moot unless it was rhetorical?

As for your first question, there are several reasons. At the beginning of the game, it's a pretty easy way to put the US in trouble on the GWOT track. The US starting at Hard and non-Muslim countries having a 2-in-3 chance of going Soft when first tested, you can quickly put the US in a hole and divert their attention there.

In the mid to end-game, when most countries have been tested, getting a plot to resolve in these countries force them to reroll their Posture and there you go messing with the US plans again. The plots in non-Muslim countries also boost funding more than those in Muslim countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the "why" point became "moot".

Your strategies are pretty good! I kind of played over that type of strategy...whistle Reading the player aid card with unresolved plots a bit more carefully now, I see that if the Jihads are in Schengen country they can also roll two more Schengen countries. That could be painful to the US!

Thanks!

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Philippe Lavoie
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mb
If i`m not mistaken, this only happens when you plot with WMD`s in non-muslim countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Daumen
United States
The Triangle
flag msg tools
designer
(Tennessee and Wisconsin in between)
badge
I think you should realize these wings are really hot
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:
OK... while we're on this subject... Can you explain "WHY" the Jihadist would travel to a non-muslim country? OR "WHY" would the US send troops to a non-muslim country?

Jihadists go to non-Muslim countries to hatch plots and reach the US.

As the US, I would want troops in a non-Muslim country in order to get a prestige bonus for disrupting cells with troops - but I don't think that's possible under the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
committed hero wrote:

As the US, I would want troops in a non-Muslim country in order to get a prestige bonus for disrupting cells with troops - but I don't think that's possible under the rules.

You can in the Philippines if Abu Sayyaf has been played but that's the only exception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.