4 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple damage type changes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Oehler
msg tools
mb
When there are multiple changes that change all damage to a given - like say Ra's card that makes everything fire, and Close Quarters Combat from the environment - how do those interact?

Because both cards are continuous ongoing effects, they don't resolve in play order, do they? Does that mean that the transformation is simultaneous, and thus the heroes can chose the order? If so, can they repick whenever damage is dealt, or do they have to make the choice once and stick with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they resolve in play order but I could be wrong here. That's just how I play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
They resolve in card play order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They do resolve in card play order, but only as far as the global 'change all damage' effects in this case.

That is, if Ra has changed all the damage to fire, and Megatropolis has changed it all to melee afterwards, then all damage is melee. This includes if Ra plays a one-shot to deal X fire damage, which though 'last' in the play order, does have its damage type changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.