Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Winning the Game- Player Tournament Questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phillip Gray
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
After Two or more players have tied at twelve points at the end of a phase and enter the winning the game player tournament...

1. Are exhausted Combatents (gladiators or slaves) eligible to fight?
2. Are exhasted Assets (gladiators slaves weapons) counted towards gold total for three or more player tourny to determine positions?
3. Is a player that fights in a previous arena match (in a pre tourny arena phase or 3/4 player first match) eligible to fight in a second match?

Just curious if I am playing and understand the tiebreak and exhausted cards rules correctly. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Yinzer007 wrote:
After Two or more players have tied at twelve points at the end of a phase and enter the winning the game player tournament...

1. Are exhausted Combatents (gladiators or slaves) eligible to fight?
2. Are exhasted Assets (gladiators slaves weapons) counted towards gold total for three or more player tourny to determine positions?
3. Is a player that fights in a previous arena match (in a pre tourny arena phase or 3/4 player first match) eligible to fight in a second match?

Just curious if I am playing and understand the tiebreak and exhausted cards rules correctly. Thank you.

Exhausted cards are really out of the game until refreshed during next upkeep, so it must be a "no" to 1 and 2.

Not sure what you ask in 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the rules have nothing on this, I'd say that a tie breaking fight should allow exhausted assets to be refreshed.

Another interesting question is wether "rigging the match" would be allowed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Mattias wrote:
Although the rules have nothing on this, I'd say that a tie breaking fight should allow exhausted assets to be refreshed.

The last thing is in the FAQ - currently no cards can be played in a tie-breaker match.

And for the first, I think it would be strange if for example Batiatus in his turn could exhaust 2 gladiators, get 2 gold, then use that gold for a scheme which puts him at 12 influence - and then in a tie-breaker match use one of the exhausted gladiators.

Edit: And for the OP - just noticed you include slaves in 2. Their gold value is not counted even if they are ready - only gladiators and weapons are (even if slaves can still be send into the arena also in a tie-breaker match).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Brown
msg tools
Randor20 wrote:
Mattias wrote:

The last thing is in the FAQ - currently no cards can be played in a tie-breaker match.

So this means that on the tie-breaker you can't use "Rig the Match"???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Bob083 wrote:
Randor20 wrote:
Mattias wrote:

So this means that on the tie-breaker you can't use "Rig the Match"???

Correct - "no cards" means "no cards" . It is even one of the cards mentioned in the question to GF9.

I don't know the expansion and the FAQ is from before that, so it could have introduced some cards to play during a tie-breaker match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Kazimierczuk
Poland
Sulejówek
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mb
Mattias wrote:

TBH, I can hardly see the point. Imagine we play a tiebreak, you have a ready gladiator and I do not. A free refreshment puts the weaker player ahead of their current possibilities and resources (we'll clearly agree that an exhausted card is "worth less" than its ready version). The stronger player remains in place (or, if you prefer, is robbed of what he'd achieved compared to their boosted opponent).
The game result is rather clear when one of the tiebreaker contestants enters the pit and faces no opponent, and respects the game's spirit as well.
Ofc, that's not a case when none of the rivals have a ready combatant. But this one is solved by GF9 perfectly well. Both guys drop a notch, as, in fact, none is able to win, and the game continues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.