Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Fergus
United Kingdom
St.Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a decent price to me. That's at least 20% off typical prices.

It's showing as 3 in stock, though we all know with amazon the prices will rise as soon as the first one is bought....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ravensburger-The-Castles-of-Burgundy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great game, recommend people pick it up if they like dice placement games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Damn you."

- my wallet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Armitstead
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ferengi wrote:
Seems like a decent price to me. That's at least 20% off typical prices.

It's showing as 3 in stock, though we all know with amazon the prices will rise as soon as the first one is bought....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ravensburger-The-Castles-of-Burgundy...

Sounds like they heard you! There's only one now, but the price is still the same.
Showing more on the way too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
Awesome game, at that price it's a steal.

they're out of stock now, but holding the same price with 2-3 week delivery. I'd go for it at that price if I didn't already have it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
feign wrote:

they're out of stock now, but holding the same price with 2-3 week delivery. I'd go for it at that price if I didn't already have it!

Yup. I ordered it with the extra delivery time. No big deal, I'll happily wait. Thanks to the OP for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
BlueSwan wrote:
feign wrote:

Yup. I ordered it with the extra delivery time. No big deal, I'll happily wait. Thanks to the OP for the tip!

Likewise! That's my birthday present from my wife sorted out, then! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to the OP - ordered. What's three weeks compared to some of the kickstarter lead times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Baunsgaard
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Its been 25€ at amazon.de for a while. Amazon.de also has cheaper delivery to most mainland euro-countries.

http://www.amazon.de/Ravensburger-26914-ALEA-Burgen-Burgund/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Have
Denmark
flag msg tools
I created a user just to thank you for the tip!
20£ incl delivery to Denmark. Just saved me 10-12£ compared to danish prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fergus
United Kingdom
St.Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beardface wrote:
I created a user just to thank you for the tip!
20£ incl delivery to Denmark. Just saved me 10-12£ compared to danish prices.

No problem! I hope Amazon honour the order and you get your game

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchant
United Kingdom
Staines
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Ordered with the wait time.

Nice work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my DPD delivery confirmation for tomorrow! Looks like I snaked one of those last few copies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Ordered 2, one for me, one for the club.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rohlfo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear it's great, but somehow don't feel that taken by it, and kinda feel wrong for not wanting to just go out and buy it....is it a game you need to play before you appreciate it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fergus
United Kingdom
St.Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rohlfo wrote:
I hear it's great, but somehow don't feel that taken by it, and kinda feel wrong for not wanting to just go out and buy it....is it a game you need to play before you appreciate it?

For a Feld fan it's an instant purchase. There's no theme, and at no time do you ever feel you are developing a Castle region in France. It doesn't look great and initially it feels a little clunky.

However, I really like this game and so does everyone we've played it with. We even taught it to a gamer who enjoys light weight games and she loves it, much to our surprise.

This one is a keeper for me, unlike Macao which will be the first Feld to leave my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rohlfo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can't say I'm a massive Feld fan (although I have a friend who is...just not living close by, d'oh!)
I watched a video of this, and although it seems well thought through etc, it just didn't grab me in any way...no "spark"...I would play it if given the chance, but right now not sure I want to buy it if it doesn't get played that much...hard to judge :s

edit: oh, and in terms of dice worker placement, I have and enjoy Troyes (so is there a need for CoB?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
rohlfo wrote:
can't say I'm a massive Feld fan (although I have a friend who is...just not living close by, d'oh!)
I watched a video of this, and although it seems well thought through etc, it just didn't grab me in any way...no "spark"...I would play it if given the chance, but right now not sure I want to buy it if it doesn't get played that much...hard to judge :s

edit: oh, and in terms of dice worker placement, I have and enjoy Troyes (so is there a need for CoB?)

The rahdo run through video conveys teh game wonderfully, if that doesn't interest you, then don't buy it.

For me, it feels like a wonderfully balanced "so many options" fest, but also perfectly playable by my 8 and 11 year old children. I can't recommend it enough, so that probably makes me a fanboi now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
feign wrote:

For me, it feels like a wonderfully balanced "so many options" fest, but also perfectly playable by my 8 and 1 year old children. I can;t recommend it enough, so that probably makes me a fanboi now

You must be breeding geniuses down there in Suffolk - Castles of Burgundy played by a 1 year old - must be something in the water, I guess....!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
barnetto wrote:
feign wrote:

For me, it feels like a wonderfully balanced "so many options" fest, but also perfectly playable by my 8 and 1 year old children. I can;t recommend it enough, so that probably makes me a fanboi now

You must be breeding geniuses down there in Suffolk - Castles of Burgundy played by a 1 year old - must be something in the water, I guess....!

I've corrected my typo to 11, not 1, sorry about that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rohlfo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering about that too haha!
yeah, is damn tempting overall...think I just need to play it to realise exactly what it's like...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic Chilton
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rohlfo wrote:
yeah, is damn tempting overall...think I just need to play it to realise exactly what it's like...

You can play it online (@yucata)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
feign wrote:

I've corrected my typo to 11, not 1, sorry about that

Please don't apologise! I've read enough of your other very helpful posts on family gaming to know that you meant 11 - I was simply amusing myself in a rather juvenile way - I'm about 4 years behind you in terms of children's ages and always find your posts inspiring for the future of my isolated little gaming group!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, game arrived this morning as did my gf. Played it twice, she thrashed me at it twice, regretting my purchase now

But seriously, really enjoying the dice worker mechanic and glad I picked this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
nicch wrote:
rohlfo wrote:

You can play it online (@yucata)

I think in this case it's http://boiteajeux.net/index.php?p=regles that has CoB, of the Feld games Yucata has The Speicherstadt and Luna.

And Gary, cheers for being understanding about the typos, I sometimes am a terrible proof-reader, due to wanting to always get onto the next thing...!

I must admit to being really pleasantly surprised by how much both our children are enjoying games with a variety of quite complex game mechanics. The only guiding rule I have is to not be put off by the age on the side of the box, but to spend more time thinking if the theme works well enough and invest time into being able to describe the hook / meat / hamster* clearly, as well as just the rules.

This has meant that my daughter really didn't take to King of Tokyo (some would say a good thing!), but the fact that she's quite flexible in strategy, well moreso than her brother or I, means that she more than holds her own at deck building games like Dominion or Eminent Domain, both of which are in theory "over" her age.

*The hook/meat/hamster being part of Ryan Sturm's excellent approach for teaching games as covered here - http://howtoplaypodcast.com/about/the-htp-method-for-teachin.... One of the really interesting things I find is how differently our children learn, as my son is totally focussed on the mechanics, while my daughter is focussed on the methods to win. Anyhow, complete digression. As I said before, I can't recommend CoB highly enough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.