Subject: Numbers on red die? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the going theory is that at some point during development it was used in ranged attacks as well, or that maybe some weapon in one of the expansions was supposed to use it. But it might simply just be a remnant from Doom. In any case, it's not needed when doing melee attacks, so you can basically ignore the number on it for that purpose.

It IS used for other things though, as mentioned by others below my answer, for instance for the movement of the rolling boulders in WoD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Its used in Sea of Blood when rolling range of a rope swing. I believe.

All the die are different, and could technically be used for any type of attack. All it would have taken was for an expansion to have a red die icon on a ranged weapon card. Maybe kevin was just leaving the option open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the range on the red die was also used for Rolling Boulders (from Descent: The Well of Darkness) and potentially Morph attacks from Chaos Beasts (from Descent: The Altar of Despair), as well as any quest specific usages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.