Subject: Light and fun game for my gf rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Riccardo Menozzi
Italy
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi everyone, me and my gf usually play some board game together and she really loves seasons, so I wanted to know if there were some similar game (simple gameplay, mixed mechanics, very nice art and theme) that we could both enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Takenoko
It may not fit all the things you listed but imho it is a fantastic game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like card activation and dice, give Arena: Roma II a look. Its only for 2 players, though. Games typically last 20 minutes or so, so you can play multiple times in a row. You could easily play a best of 5 in one sitting. Set up time is very short and the box is fairly small so its very portable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Takenoko

Asara is a beautiful game, haven't played it yet though.

Cyclades is a great hybrid game with amazing art and components

Conquest of Planet Earth: The Space Alien Game is one of my girlfriends favorites.

Ghost Stories may not be very similar but is a great co-op which is easy to pick play and good to look at

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamille
Germany
Berlin
F/hain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vrass wrote:
hi everyone, me and my gf usually play some board game together and she really loves seasons, so I wanted to know if there were some similar game (simple gameplay, mixed mechanics, very nice art and theme) that we could both enjoy.

Wait until Bruges comes to Italy. It have some similarities to Seasons but without the deck building aspect. Amazing and stunning Artwork. To that it plays in my opinion so much better than Seasons. More interactive and smoother to play. It´s the better Game compared to Seasons. Much more tension and less card brooding while playing. Absolutly great with 2, 3 and even 4 Players. This game is truly a blast.

Or Kingdom Builder as another great to play with 2 title.

regards Hessi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attica J
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mb
Jaipur
Hanabi
Jambo
Biblios
Battle Line

These are all fantastic light games to play with your girlfriend. Trust me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovation is one of my all time favorites. Every card is different and no game is ever the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Also check out Lords of Waterdeep
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Aren't you glad I'm not the pied piper?
badge
Move a little closer so I can reach out and light your beard on fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... I have one but it's not quite the game these others are; however... for a girlfriend it might be pretty cool. I got one for mine and she totally LOVES it. We had been playing the original release of the game. Now the second release was just an obvious choice.

The game is called Cheeky Monkey, and it now comes in a stuffed monkey. It's really fun for 2 people but can play with a lot more. It's a push your luck game of pulling chips from the monkey (box, or bag). You have to try and pull as many animal chips from the bag as you can without pulling one out you've already pulled. IF you do, you have to throw them all back in the monkey. If you stop soon enough you can then start stacking your piles of chips. Your opponents can rob your top chip if it matches something they pull out of the bag. If they pull a monkey out of the bag (or the stuff monkey), they can trade the monkey for your top chip or take your monkey if it's the top chip. If a lot of people are playing you can get a bunch of like chips in one pull, then secure all your like chips to the bottom of your pile where nobody can reach them.

The idea is to get as many like animals as you can so you can win the points off the associated tiles. The tiles tell you how many of each animal is in the stuffed monkey.

At the end of the game you add up your chips and your tiles and whoever has the most points obviously wins.

I have the box version. The friend has the Stuffed Monkey version. At the time I wrote this you can get it from Amazon for about 25 bucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Petz!

It has some strategy, but is very fun and moves quickly for our game group. Artwork fantastic. There have been a number of posts about (new gamer) girlfriends finding the pets in particular quite appealing. Add in the typical entertainment and humor of Vlaada Chvátil's rulebooks, and you've got a winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siegfried Steurer
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Litespeed Rider wrote:
Dungeon Petz!

It has some strategy, but is very fun and moves quickly for our game group. Artwork fantastic. There have been a number of posts about (new gamer) girlfriends finding the pets in particular quite appealing. Add in the typical entertainment and humor of Vlaada Chvátil's rulebooks, and you've got a winner.

I absolutely love it ... but simple gameplay? ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big +1 for Hanabi, Jaipur, and battle line.

Perhaps Finca, Stone Age, Taluva and Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries could work if you're looking for something a little deeper than a light card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gibmaatsuki wrote:
Litespeed Rider wrote:

I absolutely love it ... but simple gameplay? ;-)

Well, you're right! It CAN be an involved game for those that want it to be, and it can also be quicker and "light" for more casual gamers (like my kids!). They understand all the rules and sometimes play with detailed planning...other times they go by intuition and which cute/fun/unusual pets they want...and still win! We've found that as long as the whole group is playing with the same approach on a given day, it works fantastically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Saruwatari
United States
Arroyo Grande
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I love Race for the Galaxy. We play it all the time, sometimes 2 player and sometimes with other couples up to 6 player. We use the first 2 expansions. I hear Seasons is similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thebes

Zooloretto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Light and fun 2 player:

Innovation

Puzzle Strike (Third Edition)

Both are fun and interactive with some good strategies that emerge the more you play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.