United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starts

The roles will be sent out on January 22, 2006, with the first lynch at 8pm BGG on January 23, 2006.

It will start in a night round. There will be no lynching (moderator will be the first victim) the first night.

Timeline

"Night" will fall at 8pm Central Time (9pm Eastern)
"Dawn" will start at 10pm Central Time (11pm Eastern) or as soon as I get all night messages and can settle the actions.

Any posts or PMs timestamped after the allowable times will be ignored. If the wolves fail to message me, there will be NO kill that night.

Votes

Votes need to put in BOLD, so I can quickly scan the posts. I don't get home from work/picking little one up until at least 5pm Central Time. I get three hours to tally votes. You may not edit vote posts.

Roles

The roles that are guaranteed to be in the game are:

3 Traitors (Werewolves)
1 Sorcerer
1 Cultist
1 Seer
1 Bodyguard
1 Hunter
2 Priests
5 Climbers

Role Description

Evil

Traitor - The traitors get to kill one person per "night".

Sorcerer - The Sorcerer gets to look for the Seer.

Cultist - The Cultist knows who the traitors are and are trying to help them out.

Good

Seer - May check one person per night to see if they are a werewolf. There will not be a Night 0 vision.

Bodyguard - The bodyguard protects one person per night. If they successfully protect a person, they will die in that person's stead.

Hunter - If the Hunter is still alive and the Traitors achieve one to one parity, then the climbers automatically win. If the Traitors achieve two to two or three to three parity with the Hunter still alive, then the game will continue as normal.

Priests - As long as one of the two priests are alive, roles will be revealed. When the last priest dies, the roles will not be revealed anymore.

Private Messaging

Disallowed except for the following roles:
Werewolf

Please CC me on all PMs. I am interested in seeing the behind the scenes and how everything is working.

End of Day Majority

I'm trying something different with tiebreakers... Every day, each person remaining in the game will send me three numbers from 1 to 20. In the case of a tie, I will roll a d20, and the person in the tie that is closest to my roll will survive. In case of a tie in the first number, it will go to the second number, and so on to the third number.

This should make the tiebreaker a little more random and undecided, but should work fairly well.

Roles will be revealed when the person dies as long as at least one priest is alive.

Other Rules

*No posting when dead. The dead tell no tales. I will not reveal roles to the dead. If they guess and ask, I will tell them how many they got wrong, but no which ones.
*There will be no talking at night. Night will be as short as possible, so this should not be a big problem.
*Please do not make any 'All-Reveal Plans'. This takes away from the enjoyment of the game. Anyone who suggests an 'All-Reveal Plan' will be stuck by lightning and killed by the end of the day. It wouldn't work anyway with the way I have this setup.
*You may reveal roles in the game if you wish, but there is no guarantee if you are telling the truth (or if the role is evn in the game). Also, if too many people do it too soon, I will consider it a 'All-Reveal Plan'.
*All night time PM's will be sent out from me at the same time just before 'dawn'.

If there are any questions, please post them here or PM them to me.

Players

I want to get 15 players. Post here or PM me if you want to join.

1) Belash
2) melissa Priest - Killed N3
3) lauramath Climber - Lynched D2
4) bowman - Climber - Lynched D3
5) Threnody
6) Beowulf Bodyguard - Killed N1
7) seanp Traitor - Lynched D6
8) rostok Traitor - Lynched D4
9) kimapesan Priest - Killed N5
10) SybotCB Seer - Killed N4
11) ptper Sorcerer - Killed N2
12) skyblue Traitor - Lynched D5
13) dbmurph22 Cultist - Lynched D1
14) xandryyte
15) Morgano

Alternate) CapAp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: WW: Everest - GIP - Lynch Monday 23rd - 8PM BGG
b{You are meeting with a group of climbers to climb Mount Everest... Your guide, janiera, greets each one of you personally, letting you know the dangers of the climb...

You climb for five days after everyone getting together, with no problems... The sixth day dawns bright and sunny... Everyone gets their gear on to start climbing... You head up a cliff, climbing slowly, taking each step as it occurs...

Suddenly, janiera slips and falls to her death... You go back down to the bottom of the cliff, and examine her body... You see that her harness rope had been cut...

At least one person in the group wanted her dead... Everyone decides to continue climbing, to try to get to the top of Everest...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I *have* to...

vote Belash kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Vote CapAp

For being too sissy to brave the climb. He'd rather enjoy roasted weenies at base camp. Poser.

By the way, hey everyone.

A suggestion: don't lynch me. Reason: I don't waste that many supplies. I can virtually climb Everest naked. My extensive training has given me thick skin and a soft, thin, but strong coat of body hair. I also haven't had anything to drink or eat since last year. Don't need it.

Kima, on the other hand, is using about 5 coats of vital clothing and already using the stoves we need to make our water to make his lattes.

Lynch him after Capap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
I *have* to...

vote Belash kiss

Thank you xandryyte!!!

Hi to everyone else!

I, unlike db, will be climbing in proper gear so as not to expose the rest of you to my naked ass.

I would like to know how "hairy" db is and whether it is an infliction that only comes out at night...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are we there yet?
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
While y'all thrill seekers are here to climb Everest, I'm merely a glorified baggage handler. However, I'm NOT a Sherpa - I'm a Floridian who got tired of flat land, and I have been paying off my debts to help rich folk like y'all.

Now I don't have no fancy tricks up my sleve, but y'all best be heeding my advise. I've been up and down this here rock many times, and I will make sure you fancy talkers can get up and down safely.

I've been hearing rumors about some en-vi-ro-mental do-gooders protest 'bout littering the slopes, but I thought that was altitude sickness calling. I guess I need to look out for people who know a little too much, if you know what I mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
Vote CapAp

r{Which is an invalid vote... He's not in the game unless someone does not post before lynch... If a person does not, he will be brought in as an alternate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Goodall
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well hello everyone. I've thought about doing something crazy and random this game, to try and shake the traitors out of hiding, but everytime I do something like that it ends up getting me lynched that day. Even when it works and the baddies respond too drasticaly, I still get myself killed and take that vital bit of information to the grave. Therefore, I will be attempting to contain myself and keep the focus on a strong, conventional strategy composed primarily of wading knee-deep in the forum and making sure my ice pick is firmly planted in the side of this massive hill.

Good luck all, and I really don't wish any of you the same fate as Janiera. Well except maybe for Lauramath, she's been my bane ever since the Smurfs (and the game in which she was the french-hater).

Vote Lauramath

Let's get this party off to a rock-rollicking start and I'll see you all at the top!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Goodall
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
Vote CapAp

For being too sissy to brave the climb. He'd rather enjoy roasted weenies at base camp. Poser.

A suggestion: don't lynch me. Reason: I don't waste that many supplies. I can virtually climb Everest naked. My extensive training has given me thick skin and a soft, thin, but strong coat of body hair. I also haven't had anything to drink or eat since last year. Don't need it.

Kima, on the other hand, is using about 5 coats of vital clothing and already using the stoves we need to make our water to make his lattes.

Lynch him after Capap.

Great to see you murpho. However, I would like to ask kima if he would be so gracious as to lend you one of his coats. We don't need your grandiose bravery resulting in your frostbitten death. Lattes though, could keep up the morale, and it's hard to say no to a creamy smooth decaf mix early morning. Keeps the blood warm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Simone
United States
Lakeview
OR
flag msg tools
mb
dbmurph22 wrote:
Vote CapAp

Lynch him after Capap.

Murphmeister! Please take one of Kima's coats if he will so kindly give you one. It would be a sore disappointment to lose you to frostbite or hypothermia. Plus I don't think the wife would enjoy you being out with everyone in your birthday suit Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janey Ng
Singapore
Unspecified
Singapore
flag msg tools
Hello fellow climbers! Glad to climb Everest with you. We'll get rid of those responsible for Janiera's plight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janey Ng
Singapore
Unspecified
Singapore
flag msg tools
Morgano wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:
Vote CapAp

Lynch him after Capap.

Murphmeister! Please take one of Kima's coats if he will so kindly give you one. It would be a sore disappointment to lose you to frostbite or hypothermia. Plus I don't think the wife would enjoy you being out with everyone in your birthday suit Thanks

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
Let's see here. Not a lot going on. I guess I'll place my first (random) vote on Xandryyte. I figure she'll drop by from time to time to say "Hooray! We found the first base camp," while she's secretly snipping two cords out of each braid.

Vote Xandryyte

Hey, cool down. It's only one vote!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf wrote:
Let's see here. Not a lot going on. I guess I'll place my first (random) vote on Xandryyte. I figure she'll drop by from time to time to say "Hooray! We found the first base camp," while she's secretly snipping two cords out of each braid.

Vote Xandryyte

Hey, cool down. It's only one vote!

Hey, wasn't that *my* line not long ago? Yes, I thought so...

Come on, tell the truth, your vote on me isn't random, right? What's the matter, am I picking on your partner traitor? kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
No, I don't have any real information on either of you. I just like the way you wiggle! kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all, My first non-newbie game and I vow to help us get to the top of this here mountain.

I don't know any of you guys well enough in werewolf world to lay a random vote on one of you without accidently teeing someone off. So I'll just say hi for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Goodall
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
Hello all, My first non-newbie game and I vow to help us get to the top of this here mountain.

I don't know any of you guys well enough in werewolf world to lay a random vote on one of you without accidently teeing someone off. So I'll just say hi for now.

i think you and morgano are in the same boat there. i remember my first game was also quite a learning experience, i accused 3 people with absolute certainty and was wrong on all 3 accounts. everyone's gotta start somewhere, so welcome to base camp and let's get up this hill together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:

Hmmm. Thick skin? Strong coat of body hair? I suppose you also howl at the moon do you, Brian?

vote dbmurph22

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:

Welcome.

Just vote for the wolves and you'll be fine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone

Just reporting in.

I plan to not do anything suspicious on Day 1. Like make "meaningful votes" that are actually totally random that other people will then use against me for untrue reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all.

Sorry to disappoint, but my extra coats have now been given away. I did not, however, give one to murph. If he wants to climb Everest naked I say let him.

Also, there will be no lattes today. Nor for some time. In fact, I won't be eating anything but the bananas and crackers. And if anyone has any ash for me to ingest, I'd greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, I'd suggest everyone climb ahead of me.

I'll vote later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all - just saying hello, and making a quick introduction. This is my first time up Everest - it's been a dream of mine for several years to reach the summit. It's terrible that this tragedy has befallen us. Any of you writers? You're sure to make a mint documenting the events to come (anyone read Into Thin Air?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mornin' all. Just checking in to get myself off the 'suspiciously quiet' list! Though probably just put myself on the 'suspiciously quick to try to be unsuspicious list. Ah well. So has anyone found an elevator yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No elevator yet, but according to the Tyson advertisements, going up Everest is as easy as sledding with your kids if you eat Tyson chicken.

(Personally I will never eat a Tyson product again, not after seeing one of their turkey farms.... *shudder*)

Now that I'm feeling a little better, I think I'll toss out a vote,

Vote Threnody

because no one else has.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Everyone, keep a close eye on the opoprtunists who paint me as a wolf. We are against "traitors" here, not wolves.

I am not a wolf, nor a traitor.

Maybe a yeti-in-the-making, but for now I'm very cuddly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.