Subject: Valois VP marriage and death rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philippe de Monneron
France
VITRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello ! I wanted to know if the VP earned by a Valois marriage was lost due to the death of the married personality.

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Philippe wrote:
Hello ! I wanted to know if the VP earned by a Valois marriage was lost due to the death of the married personality.

Thanks !

If a Valois royal has already married and dies on a later turn, or dies due to a Husband murdered result France keeps the Valois VP. If they die while betrothed (Charles IX due to mandatory event, or Henry III via assassination) France does not get the Valois VP.

Remember that a Husband murdered result still gives marriage bonuses, but does have some negative consequences (section 23).

EDIT: Minor edits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe de Monneron
France
VITRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. In my game, Charles IX died during his marriage (bad luck : I rolled a double 1), and Henry III was murdered two turns after his wedding. If I follow you, I won and kept two VPs. Right ?

But I couldn't find any reference to this point in the rules - I must admit I red the booklet quickly, but I searched in 3.3, 21 and 23 thereafter vainly. Where is it written ? blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack S.
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmb
Philippe wrote:
OK. In my game, Charles IX died during his marriage (bad luck : I rolled a double 1), and Henry III was murdered two turns after his wedding. If I follow you, I won and kept two VPs. Right ?

But I couldn't find any reference to this point in the rules - I must admit I red the booklet quickly, but I searched in 3.3, 21 and 23 thereafter vainly. Where is it written ? blush

In 21.1 where it talks about Marriage Bonuses it says that it applies unless the result was "Last Minute Cancellation". It does seem a little weird that France would gain prestige from a marriage that ended in tragedy, but it works. Basically as long as a marriage roll took place and the wedding wasn't cancelled you get the +1VP (or other bonuses from other royals).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe de Monneron
France
VITRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand. And there is no mention of this VP being lost in a way or another after that, through the death of the husband or the wife for example ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack S.
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmb
Philippe wrote:
I understand. And there is no mention of this VP being lost in a way or another after that, through the death of the husband or the wife for example ?

Nope, the special bonuses from a royal are permanent as soon as the marriage occurs, even if the result is them dying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Philippe wrote:
And there is no mention of this VP being lost in a way or another after that, through the death of the husband or the wife for example ?

Bonus VPs (i.e. the ones listed in the right-hand column of page 42 of the rules) are never lost. Once awarded, the marker stays on your power card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MLeis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Bonus VPs (i.e. the ones listed in the right-hand column of page 42 of the rules) are never lost.
For clarification: the Valois Wedding VP is actually not included in that list because, technically, it's special VP, not bonus VP. I don't think it makes any practical difference, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Duh, good catch. Here I was trying to be all pedagogical ... zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe de Monneron
France
VITRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, everybody share the same reading of the rules. Thank you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.