Popular Tags: [View All]
Alf Seegert
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My weekend's surreal moment. Rich Sommer (Harry Crane from the TV series Mad Men) is an avid boardgamer, was on BBCAmerica's The Nerdist last night (S2E3), and when asked what he was up to....talked about Fantastiqa! Thanks, Rich!

http://www.bbcamerica.com/the-nerdist/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's awesome that he was talking about Fantastiqa!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Gallatin
TN
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Purty Durn Kewl!

It was on in the background and I wasn't paying a lot of attention. Then all of a sudden I hear mention of Fantastiqa and listened as he gave a quick description of the game.

Congratulations, Alf! Well deserved praise for an amazing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alfseegert wrote:
My weekend's surreal moment. Rich Sommer (Harry Crane from the TV series Mad Men) is an avid boardgamer, was on BBCAmerica's The Nerdist last night (S2E3), and when asked what he was up to....talked about Fantastiqa! Thanks, Rich!

http://www.bbcamerica.com/the-nerdist/

I especially think this was high praise coming from Rich since I always had him pegged as a Plaid Hat Games fanboy, and would have figured that he was playing City of Remnants right now.

Great news indeed & congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Seegert
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
KillerTaco wrote:
It's awesome that he was talking about Fantastiqa!

RichardHS wrote:
Purty Durn Kewl!
It was on in the background and I wasn't paying a lot of attention. Then all of a sudden I hear mention of Fantastiqa and listened as he gave a quick description of the game.

Congratulations, Alf! Well deserved praise for an amazing game.

scottatlaw wrote:
I especially think this was high praise coming from Rich since I always had him pegged as a Plaid Hat Games fanboy, and would have figured that he was playing City of Remnants right now.

Great news indeed & congrats!

Hey, thank you all! I've poured so much of myself into Fantastiqa that such encouragement means a great deal to me. And thanks again, Rick (RichardHS) for letting me know about this in the first place!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jon beall
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched this episode last night. Particularly impressive is that he doesn't mention the name of any other games - just Fantastiqa. That's high praise, and well deserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.