Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Gunther
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Agent Abilities
I find the rules on use of agent abilities (p. 14) a little unclear. There is one sentence that says, "Each agent ability can only be used once per season, and each agent can only use one ability per season." I don't understand why it doesn't just read, "Each agent can only use one ability per season." The first part of the sentence makes me think I may be missing something in my rules interpretation.

Below is how I played - is this correct?

Once an ability on an agent is used no more abilities can be used on that agent. This includes the use of any extra agent abilities granted by actions on other agents. So for example, say you only have 1 agent with the Noble trait and they are in rank 6 with abilities numbered 1 and 4. You use an ability on another agent that says "Perform 2 noble actions." In this case you could only use 1 of the actions on your Noble because once you use the first action no other actions on that agent can be used.

Discs
I also couldn't see in the rules any mention of what the colored discs are for? We put them on the district names to denote who currently controlled the district. Is this what they are for?

Limited Cubes?
Are the number of cubes meant to be limiting? We ran out in a 3 player game so one player had to use another color. Or is this what the discs are meant to be for (i.e. represent x number of cubes)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
The cubes are not meant to be limiting. I think that's what other players have been using the discs for - 5 inf/10 inf, whatever you need in the block. As long as you're consistent with them, it should be fine.

As to the agent limitations, you're probably right. It would have been more concise to say one agent ability per agent per season or something, but I guess they wanted to be thorough and cover any loopholes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each agent gets to do one thing once.

If the rules had just said, "Each agent can only use one ability per season," a rules lawyer would say that the agent could use that one ability an infinite number of times (e.g., with the aforementioned "take two noble actions" effect).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gunther
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
Each agent gets to do one thing once.

If the rules had just said, "Each agent can only use one ability per season," a rules lawyer would say that the agent could use that one ability an infinite number of times (e.g., with the aforementioned "take two noble actions" effect).

Thanks for the quick response. Glad to hear were playing correctly. Only played once so far but enjoyed the game - surprised it's not rated higher on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher McWhorter
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
You lose....
badge
Think outside the box!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think people "get" it. Definitely not giving it a real chance. Treating it like "just another Euro-style worker placement game with nicer art."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.