• [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
fisha wrote:
Does it count for merchant and workers?

I think it is not.

It doesn't. Edit: It does count for Miners though - it's a mountain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
But can Merchants join two locations via a cave route? I presume not, but thematically it makes sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
But can Merchants join two locations via a cave route? I presume not, but thematically it makes sense to me.

Thematically I have a hard time imagining Merchants setting up merchant routes through obscure underground cave connections.

Rule-wise, it seems to me that the 4 cave hexes (to say nothing of the 6 hexes adjacent to them, where your actual settlements typically are) are clearly not all literally "contiguously" touching each other (despite their "teleport"-style functionality), and by definition a Merchant route must be a "contiguous" chain of your settlements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:

They can't; the caves are just a movement ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:

The merchants tried this but the troglodytes living in the cave network raided their caravans.

/theme
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.